• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.10 gears D30/8.25 & D30 carrier

katuah

NAXJA Forum User
Used 4.10 gears. Dana 30, Chrysler 8.25. Also a 3.73+ carrier for the D30.

I bought these gears a while back from FrankZ. They were in his son's XJ for a little while but then the kid decided he wanted bigger tires & deeper gears so they took these out and went to 4.88s. Boxes say Motive Gear and Nitro Gear, but they aren't the right boxes for the gears, looks like they just dropped the 4.10s in the boxes they had from the new 4.88s. Frank says they are Dana (front) and Yukon (rear). You can probably find the original post from Frank for these.

Frank also told me this: "The teeth in the ring gear have already been ground down to allow for removal/installation of the crosspin. Comes in handy if you decide to install a lunchbox locker at some point since you won't have to pull the carrier and ring gear to install it. Pay attention to this area when bolting the ring gear to the carrier." I assume this is for the 8.25.

I bought the carrier separately from a guy on JeepForum. Does NOT include install kits. I just decided I don't have time or inclination (or tools, or help...) to do my own gears anytime soon, and there's no point in letting these sit in the closet.

$175 takes it all. Will sell separately for $75/gear set, $40 carrier. Shipping on your dime, or come pick 'em up. I'm in Durham. Also open to trades, partial or full.

For trading, hmmm... well, here's my list of "what I still want for the XJ" which is all stuff I'd trade for:

SYE
rear disc brake conversion
gas tank skid plate
136a+ alternator
raingler cargo net
fog lights
rock lights
12v fridge

To this list you could add possibly a handgun, although I doubt it would actually work since we are in different states, Stump. I'm down to mix and match stuff & cash (in either direction for some of this).

Id like to have them, but dont have much in the way of trades you listed and cant really spend the cash this close to Christmas.

If you have them after the first of the year, I could probably figure something out.

I forgot to list adjustable upper arms, if you might have a set of those around...

Right now I've had some messages but no actual money or stuff has changed hands, so it is possible I will still have them in a few weeks...

Stump, before I sell these thru JF, were you still interested at all?

Hey StumpXJ, clearly I didn't make it to CFW. Was supposed to go to my mom's in VA but got snowed out, but ended up having to put brakes & rotors on our DD Saturn anyway (right after also having to put a new radiator in it last weekend). The SO, as usual, pays no attention to the condition of the vehicle, so the pads were practically in the metal all over and the rotors were a mess.

That also means BUMP for selling this stuff - make me an offer, people, parts ain't cheap. And there are more I want to buy myself! Heck, ain't that always the case, though, with a Jeep?

Yep, still got 'em. FYI, I've decided after the hassles of trying to arrange to sell & ship to buncha folks thru another forum that shall remain nameless, I am NOT going to ship these.

4.10 gears D30/8.25 & D30 carrier

Man..if I had the time to swing down I'd prolly take it all off your hands. Time and money are kinda short though. Glws

I'm interested in the gears, don't need em now but when I lift to 31's ill want em. I got an LP 30 though, does that matter? And to regear is the gears all ya need?

Excuse my ignorance, I'm learning :)

Back