• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3rd Annual South End Christmas Tree Run Dec 12th, 2009

Thankyou so much to all my NAXJA friends for putting on another great run. snow wasn't the greatist but it was a verry fun time for us. good to see u there chris; and terry i havent seen in a while. good to see you.

Our tree is going to rock. ill get pics up tomorow.
thx agin to ryan for leading and sorry for the breakadge.

Bronze

I only got a few pictures that are focused.
Gtmtn12-12-09002.jpg

We left the main group at about noon to head up the Collawash river for Bagby looking for snow.
Gtmtn12-12-09005.jpg

We then headed back to civilization via the Molalla Forest Rd. That's where we found some snow.
Gtmtn12-12-09007.jpg

Gtmtn12-12-09009.jpg

Gtmtn12-12-09012.jpg

I don't think it was more than a couple feet deep, but it was powder covered in icy crust. At times I was moving less than an XJ length before I'd have to back up and hit it again. I aired down somewhere between 0-3psi. My gauge doesn't go low enough to tell.

Got pulled over by a forest ranger on the way up the hill over the pass by north fork, he was checking tree permits. just showed him ours, ran my stuff, and let us go. He said its a $150 fine for not having a permit. Thats a spendy tree. I guess even firewood has to have a permit.

I guess even firewood has to have a permit.

never in my life have i herd that. espetialy at northfork. its forest cleanup and is encouraged by every forest ranger ive ever met.
granted they dont want u cutting green trees, even if leaning or down. and no removal of wood "take it home"

Crazyness. guess the forest sirvace has a hard on for revenue not unlike many other state sirvaces.

john.

Pass front brake line. We were able to clamp it and I could drive off the mountain but it was difficult and AAA paid for the tow so I figured why not

Back