• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36 IROK's with stock gears?

I am quite surprised nobody caught this. unless you are going to pull the front DS and drive without a front DS for a while, this is not an option in a 96

He will be fine, even with both drive shafts in there, as long as he doesn't put it into 4 wheel drive. Its when he puts it into 4wd and the transfercase is trying to give equal power to the two axles that want to turn at different ratios, will things get interesting.

I have 36'' IROKs on stock gears and there is no way i would drive it everyday. I trailer it when I wheel and I'm currently stacking parts parts to go up to 4.56. I really wouldn't do it I drive mine over to a buddy's from time to time but he only lives about 3 miles away. But that's all the street use mine will get until the re gear

I have been stock 3.55's with my 37's, 4.5" of lift for right around 2 months now, in the city it is slow however, I keep it in 3 on the hw and just took a 375 mile trip from Stillwater, Ok - Liberty, MO and did it on one tank. I would say I am getting decent milage then. However in the city it is getting roughly 9 mpg.
And would someone like to explain the concept behind big tires, stock gears= a bad trans?
I havent changed fluid in over 100k and fluid is still good.

You'll be fine it will lose some pep with 3.55's and 36-37's ,but if lifting for looks it will be fine and still do fine on lo-range . It will not be a trail boss obviousy on 36-37 stock axles ,but it will look very nice ,and not everyone lifts a Jeep to trail it hard ,so I'd say do it if you want to .

I have been stock 3.55's with my 37's, 4.5" of lift for right around 2 months now, in the city it is slow however, I keep it in 3 on the hw and just took a 375 mile trip from Stillwater, Ok - Liberty, MO and did it on one tank. I would say I am getting decent milage then. However in the city it is getting roughly 9 mpg.
And would someone like to explain the concept behind big tires, stock gears= a bad trans?
I havent changed fluid in over 100k and fluid is still good.

I didn't have any problems with my trans either, 90K before I changed my fluid, however... I think the number of problems people have is directly related to the topography of the area they live in. I seem to recall Oklahoma being pretty flat. No mountain roads, no strain on the transmission.

Oklahoma is flat in that sense, no mountian roads, lots of hills on the hws but other than that flat. Also I think it comes down to poor previous maint. I have 345k on my 4.0 and AW4. I have blow-by bad and go through rear mains about every 5 months, howerver I run strait 70 weight oil and run sythetic in the AW4. only thing that has broke is the 231. it has broke twice once back on 33's and then 2 weeks ago on 37's. low range both times.

I haves 35in mtrrrrr'z. Im rockin stock gearz yo. My jeep does 70 down the highhhhway nd getz 19mpg. In towns itz like 11. My tranz is purfect, no slippin, no burnt fluid. I operate in 3rd gear mostz of the time. Its badazz. lol.

I haves 35in mtrrrrr'z. Im rockin stock gearz yo. My jeep does 70 down the highhhhway nd getz 19mpg. In towns itz like 11. My tranz is purfect, no slippin, no burnt fluid. I operate in 3rd gear mostz of the time. Its badazz. lol.

Too many periods...

That said, I run 40's on 2.89s. It does awesome!

Back