• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31x10.5s on stock XJ wheels

I run the same tire and wheel combo you are planning on (Daytons or Firestones they are the same). Other than the LCA rubbing which you can fix with a couple washers as was mentioned earlier its a good combo. I have no plans on changing it. I've had it for 3 years and love it. I might go to 4.10's but thats about it (AW4 & 3.54's).

I am up on 4.5 inches of Junkyard coils (T Bird V-6) and a bastard pack. I run a lot of underbody armor and have wheeled the pee out of it keeping up with and sometimes strapping much higher and bigger tired SWB rigs.

One real plus of the 31's is that you can beat on your driveline a little when you absolutely must (D30 Chromo & D44) and not worry to much about breaking (everything breaks if you beat on it to hard) which is good because being a bit lower and smaller tired you need to use momentum a bit more than most and bump a bit harder.

John

I'm going to 31 Dayton Timberlines's this week with 4" OME hybrid lift. I'm going with stock wheels as well, I couldn't get the tires to stuff with 4" BS wheels and I do not want to trim any more than I have.

Here it is with 4" bs wheels, just will not stuff. When I get the stock Turbines/31's on there it should be just about right.
fuglywheelsyb9.jpg

If you go to the stock steel wheels they will stuff just fine:
Flexbelowtheslot-1.jpg

Rubicon. Best three days off road I ever spent.

John

Back