• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" Poly Rear Bumpstops (DIY thread)

Nice writeup Jim.
Where did you source the poly bumpstops?
A buddy of mine works at a shop in town that had some laying around. He had 5" or 3.5" I chose the smaller ones, as the 5" would just be too long. Plus they were bigger and would have rebound more. I think I made the right choice for being on the cusp of a breakdown for fear of not being able to go to ocotillo :D

just ordered my polys so hopefully they get here soon

just got a call from fourwheel parts and the pro comp 3.5" bump is no longer available. I went with a different one that was a 2.5" or 3" tall. so well see how that plays out

just got a call from fourwheel parts and the pro comp 3.5" bump is no longer available. I went with a different one that was a 2.5" or 3" tall. so well see how that plays out

Very True, however 4wheel drive hardware has two in stock and they should have known that since they are affiliated...

Very True, however 4wheel drive hardware has two in stock and they should have known that since they are affiliated...

I called a couple of the limited places that I knew of and nobody had any so I just figured if I did in store pickup they would get here fast and with free shipping.
I think the smaller ones will work better because I plan to run the bump mounted to the spring plate like a t and j plate and then just cut down a stock bump up top.
So you guys were saying the stock bumps have metal in them so that if you drill ino them it wont make them softer?

FYI that poly bump is an aftermarket replacement for the bumpstops on a superduty.
I've actually seen the Daystar ones at Autozone before.

Brad used to have a stack of them from when he worked at Ray's,

unfortunately they are all gone now
Thats were I heard that from... I kept searching for f150 and such but I could'nt remember who told me that.

You think that'd be a problem? I wouldn't imagine the frame bending or tweaking right there, I figured hell it's one of the only BOXED portions of our "frames" it's gotta be stronger. I'll check it out, but I won't have much more offroading on this bump setup, got something else in the works soon!

Its hard to tell with a blurry pic of a dirty frame, but the bumpstops are pushing up on the frame, giving it a nice "crinkle", and now they arent stright up and down they are at an angle. After i noticed this and the fact that my bumpstop towers in the front go different directions I stopped jumping :(

for now... :gee:

good thing I plan to plate mine because I am gonna run my straps right there

called fourwheel parts looking for the pro comp3.5" and they said it was not avail so they could only find a 4.5" and a 2.5" so I went with the 2.5" for space reasons. They are made by energy suspension part# 9.9109g vato zone might be able to get them for you. http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/bsp2.html

I got my polys installed today.

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

Its hard to tell with a blurry pic of a dirty frame, but the bumpstops are pushing up on the frame, giving it a nice "crinkle", and now they arent stright up and down they are at an angle. After i noticed this and the fact that my bumpstop towers in the front go different directions I stopped jumping :(

for now... :gee:

same thing happened to me, but its even worse then that

Back