• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

I have hosted the write up produced by Mike.

Here is a link. again

clicky
http://webpages.charter.net/laurajeff44/Liftwriteup/s10_pack_PDF.pdf

full url

Code:
http://webpages.charter.net/laurajeff44/Liftwriteup/s10_pack_PDF.pdf

I used nearly the exact same steps while doing the DAK PAK on my xj.

Jeff

I haven't been on this forum in quite some time. I just came back to a bunch of PMs asking for pics.

This is great, thanks for the .pdf and the hosting. ;)

Oh, and just to let you guys know, I still use the same exact leaf pack. They've been proven over and over in competition and still work just the way I want them to. No reason to change a thing.

IMAGE_161-1.jpg

IMAGE_107.jpg

I worked on my bastard pack tonight but I have a question. I cut the eyes of the s10 main off *right* at where it starts to bend and it seems too short in the rear? The leaf isnt backwards, the front is right under the xj main eye.

Is this going to be a problem or will it be ok where the main ends? I dont plan on having these leaves for more than a couple years til I can afford some nice packs. This is my short term long term solution :shhh:

So is this going to be ok or did I XXXX up?

100_0311.jpg

someone's gotta have an opinion please?

Thats as far as they go man, I have 3 main leafs in my rear pack, and they look just as long as the second leaf down in yours.

I just put two stock XJ leaf packs together (all leaves except I only used one bottom per side). The Jeep isn't back on the ground yet, does anyone have a guess of lift amount and spring rate?

Keep in mind that each set of USED springs is different... they have been beat on differently and therefore will sag differently

Most people seam to take a try or two to get it right. It is more of an art then science. I did not get it right until my 3rd try.

Judging by my experience with DAK pak and doing nearly the same...5-6 inches of lift and a brick will flex more than your springs. But, on the street it will look good.

Please note that in this picture the driveway has a slope to the rear but the roof is pretty level. I would guess that the rear was 2 inches higher than the front when I had this configuration. I had it like this for about 14 days.

P5200009.JPG

I've been following diferent threads about the bastard packs. What I'm wanting to do is add about a inch i already have the RC 4.5 with AAL and the rear sits about a inch lower than the front, and I'd like to get it sitting level. Any ideas. thanks

just use a couple leaves from another spring pack (stock xj, etc.) even if they are flat, they will lift your jeep up an inch or so just from the thickness of the leaves.

English classes? ;)
Get a lift pack, unless you want a really stiff ride. Going 4 inches on the cheap isn't the best idea. I'd say once you go over 3 inches you really need to start investing real money.

I will when I get home.

Can't believe people are still asking for it lol. I should try and host it somewhere and link it. At any rate, I'm working til 2 so I'll fire it off to ya sometime shortly there after.

Back