• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

Junk yard yesterday. Bough a set of '94 s-10 springs. Paid $60. Used the top two leafs from the s-10 pack. Had to drill my top spring and the Axel plate to 3/8 and 1/2 inch respectivly. Cut s-10 top springs and removed clamps from s-10 second spring. Bought 3/8 Allen head bolts for center pin.
4 hrs total. Rides pretty nicely. Now I need to figure out how to match up the height in the front.
It's a 91 and was sagging badly. Almost undrivable. Now I'm 2" higher in back than front. I have a Laredo. Does anyone know the original ride height. I'm told some models came out stock lifted 1 or 2".

i would just get a 2" spacer if you want to keep it simple and cheap. and if the front comes up too high you could just get some longer shackles to adjust the rear to match.

or some grand cherokee coils for the front may get you close to where you want to be.

i would just get a 2" spacer if you want to keep it simple and cheap. and if the front comes up too high you could just get some longer shackles to adjust the rear to match.

or some grand cherokee coils for the front may get you close to where you want to be.

I think for Cherokees the concept of the bastard pack is more of a necessary means of lift due to saggy rear springs, adding a lift block usually just puts further strain on the suspension to the point that the leafs start to invert, so for the amount you spend on blocks and u-bolts you can have some arch back in the leaves.

I think for Cherokees the concept of the bastard pack is more of a necessary means of lift due to saggy rear springs, adding a lift block usually just puts further strain on the suspension to the point that the leafs start to invert, so for the amount you spend on blocks and u-bolts you can have some arch back in the leaves.

I think he was referring to front 2" coil spacers and then adding a rear shackle to level it out.

I think he was referring to front 2" coil spacers and then adding a rear shackle to level it out.

Yeah probably epic fail=me

ok so I see you guys mostly have 97 up xj's... will the s10 springs work on my 96 xj...

short answer....yes

been running it for a few years.

This is whay I did, matter of fact I haven't run any swaybars going on 2 years now. swaybar discos are a PITA, If you have a decent set of shocks and dont drive like an A-hole you'll be perfectly fine.
i drive like an a-hole and it's still fine. i'm not going to say it doesnt have one wheel in the air at times, but it's far from rolling over. just take it out and change your driving habbits accordingly. it isnt that bad.

After about 2 years with this lift I'm finally looking into one of the lift kits. It works, but is a harsh ride at times.

In case I didn't post it elsewhere, the best bit I found for drilling out the center hole in the stock leaves is a carbide masonry bit.

Back