• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

August 16th Expressway Workparty

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I have been negligent in setting this up, my calander is very full and i needed to get a date set up and in front of everyone to plan on. We will need LOTS of help for this.

I hope to:

1. redirect some water above the rockface
2. build a new alternate route around the rockface (far left side when looking up the hill)
3. eliminate a couple of by-passes being created illegally.

This will require LOTS of hard work, and a few winches. Please plan on the date and bringing anyone else you know who might be helpfull.

I will put more detail together once I verify the use of a mini excavator etc.

It is not unlikely that we will need to haul croshed rock. Does anyone have access to an off road trailer or pick up capabable of being on the trail!?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
Michael

I'll be there, If I can find an MJ to purchase before then I'll bring it.

I'll have to check my calendar. Like you, I have too much stuff already planned for the rest of the Summer. I can bring the CJ, with the back seat out it'll haul a bit of crushed rock.

So where is the location for us noobs?

I'd like to go though if it's not TO far.

Muddy Beast said:
So where is the location for us noobs?

I'd like to go though if it's not TO far.
Just across the county line in Skagit. Above Big Lake off Hiway 9. I'd say it's around 30 milies from Everett. For the work parties you can catch a ride if your rig isn't ready yet. Rocker protection is a defenite requirement at Walker.

Ok, I'm down then. I want to check that place out...and just incase I cant make noobfest, I'll come to this.

EDIT: I should have sliders by then.

Dang. I will be on a family camping trip over at lake roosevelt. It's an annual thing and has been planned out for a long time. Good luck though

bean8104 said:
i can make it ive got a chainsaw and a shovel....
Leave the chainsaw at home. DNR requires certification classes and specific protective gear for use of a chainsaw on their land.

Metal Thrasher said:
Leave the chainsaw at home. DNR requires certification classes and specific protective gear for use of a chainsaw on their land.

What do they require for righting a flopped vehicle on there land?:laugh:

-Alex

Metal Thrasher said:

Yes. Please leave the chainsaws at home. If all goes correctly, all the tree's we need down will be down before we get there.

But bring the following:
Shovels
Gloves
Winches
Tow chains, straps, rigging, rope, etc
trailers
lunch
snacks
energy
great attitude!

So what date are we looking at here? I need to let my boss know ahead of time...as I already have ditched him for my Jeep several times. :)

Muddy Beast said:
So what date are we looking at here? I need to let my boss know ahead of time...as I already have ditched him for my Jeep several times. :)

Maybe I should have been more clear, August 16th, 2008. ;)

Michael

2xtreme said:
Maybe I should have been more clear, August 16th, 2008. ;)

Michael

OK good! Sometimes the boss wants a year plus notice, so just making sure!

:dunno:

Ba-Riedo said:
What do they require for righting a flopped vehicle on their land?:laugh:

-Alex

No ask No tell.... :roll:

Back