• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team V8

YJ-GENRAL

NAXJA Forum User
first of all im going to say that i didnt post this up in the tech section because im not a member and its not XJ related anyways... but i wanted to share. i know that it will eventually expire once the comments stop and it goes past expiration date...

this is the second MAJOR stage on the YJ or Monster YJ as its now called.

this stage will include the V8 engine swap/roll cage addition/ steering upgrade, the monster YJ will now have the heart of a monster! thanks to Tyler and RSOR FAB!

Dan TheBox, you are welcome to post up your progress on the FJ as we will now be TEAM V8! GO TEAM V8!!!!!!

here is some progress on the engine swap

258 was out by this point, my new drivetrain
22462_783398890251_7004831_44063610_206103_n.jpg

tyler plasma cut the old engine mounts off and knocking some pieces out
22462_783398895241_7004831_44063611_8319976_n.jpg

Monster YJ stairing down the new drivetrain
22462_783398900231_7004831_44063612_4430127_n.jpg

we measured the tranny mounts off the old and the new and moved the mount so that the tcase woulldnt move from its original position so i wouldnt have to get all new driveshafts :D here is the new holes and clearanced holes for the bolts
22462_783398905221_7004831_44063613_8254401_n.jpg

shoe horning the new drivetrain in
22462_783398910211_7004831_44063614_1174119_n.jpg

its in there baby!
22462_783398915201_7004831_44063615_4800388_n.jpg

first stage of engine mounts. tyler later (after i left) welded some plate vertically across the top to gusset and tie it all ine :D
22462_783398925181_7004831_44063617_1216929_n.jpg

and of course the sexy TPI on top, engine sitting on its own weight in the jeep :D
22462_783398930171_7004831_44063618_5444216_n.jpg

more progress to come!!!!

i saw it yesterday... it looks good, your jeep has some crazy homebrew wiring in it, i dont know if you did that or the PO but it was surely interesting ;)

Eh, the wiring got better after I gave it a treatment of awirecutsacillin with a pair of side cutters! Looks a lot cleaner now.

The Engine now turns over with the key!

I had to run some errands this morning. but Im about to head out and get started again. I hope to have all of the wiring done today with maybe the exception of the fuel pump. Blake is gonna come by tonight and bring some needed parts by, so maybe we can get them installed too.

Sweet....GO TEAM V8 :guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

:eyes:

:guitar:

That thing's gonna be mean Blake!

You will now need to upgrade your axles to handle all that newfound power.

Lookin' good.

Like a 44 in the front. :eyes:

You will now need to upgrade your axles to handle all that newfound power.

Lookin' good.

The rear will be just fine, but on down the road, the 30 will have to go in favor of a 44... its all good though. I am confident that it will survive pretty good as long as the driving style is kept pretty mild. I have basically the same exact setup (axle and power wise) in the ranger, and I haven't broken anything. Plus, my truck weighs more.

I think it will be fine for quite a while.

i wanna be part of team v8! my full size waggy has a 360 in it, and should be running sometime in the next couple months. i took it to a guy who quoted a very cheap price for the build, but it's looking like that gives him an excuse to take forever. he's had it waayyyyy too long now, and i'm ready to hear my flowmasters talkin to me again.:(

i wanna be part of team v8! my full size waggy has a 360 in it, and should be running sometime in the next couple months. i took it to a guy who quoted a very cheap price for the build, but it's looking like that gives him an excuse to take forever. he's had it waayyyyy too long now, and i'm ready to hear my flowmasters talkin to me again.:(

I'll let ya know when it moves. At least it is still sitting right next to the shop with the other Waggy.

The rear will be just fine, but on down the road, the 30 will have to go in favor of a 44... its all good though. I am confident that it will survive pretty good as long as the driving style is kept pretty mild. I have basically the same exact setup (axle and power wise) in the ranger, and I haven't broken anything. Plus, my truck weighs more.

I think it will be fine for quite a while.

Why put a V8 in just wheel it mild? He could wheel mild with the I6.

Why put a V8 in just wheel it mild? He could wheel mild with the I6.

when yyou want to add fuel injection too its a better use of $$$ to just swap the v8 in.... if the i6 was to be rebuilt that would have meant it was still carb'ed and hooked to a pugeot trans, this replaces both with wayyy better components

I tried to get you to bring it to me... lol. Just remember, you always get what you pay for. If you aren't paying much for something, chances are, it isn't worth much.

Blakes YJ will start and run as soon as I get a few relays and plug them in, and get the fuel pump installed. It has went from a crabed 6 cyl to a fuel injected V8, and I have only had it in the shop a few days...

I tried to get you to bring it to me... lol. Just remember, you always get what you pay for. If you aren't paying much for something, chances are, it isn't worth much.

Blakes YJ will start and run as soon as I get a few relays and plug them in, and get the fuel pump installed. It has went from a crabed 6 cyl to a fuel injected V8, and I have only had it in the shop a few days...
man i wish i had the money to get it done right! i know you would have already been done with it, and most likely done a better job! but i hav the new wife, and she's worried about what i'm spending on it with this guy, let alone what it would cost to tow it to chattanooga and all that. i appreciate your offer to do it, but it would have been an act of congress to get the wife to let me spend that much money on my jeep.

Back