• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know about this bumper?

Here is some more info on it, I've seen warrior bumpers for TJ's, was considering rear ones for our wranglers with built in 2" receivers. Quality seemed to be pretty good. I think though I would want it 'in the white' as most of the powder coating from the manufacturers seems to be crummy as far as bumpers go..
http://www.warriorproducts.com/

Since it's not made for recovery at worst it will probably use the two front holes in the uniframe, and at best it will use all three on both sides.

Looks nice, and that is a great price though.

EDIT:
Looks like they have one with d-rings as well, I would ASSume that both versions use all 6 front holes at least then.

http://shopping.jeep4x4center.com/popup.asp?number=WAR561

Last edited:
Ask them if the bumper bolts up to the OEM mounts, I don't mean the shorty factory ones I mean the add on brackets that mount the factory tow hooks which run down the frame. While they add strength for the hooks they both have the same bumper mounts/bolts for the bumper itself.. Just curious and I'd like a tad more heavy metal up front. Quadratec carries warrior products too but the price might be a bit higher. Tell them their web page bites too, links don't link....

RichP said:
Tell them their web page bites too, links don't link....
you got that right the page to send them an email doesnt work when you hit "send." Theres a guy on here who has the bumper but he hasn't pm'd me back.

MrMom said:
cheap like there site
you get what you pay for

Their products are top notch. I have their roof rack and it is very well built. Their new site is still being brought up, you can go to their old site and see their products. (Of course that requires that you READ. That may too advanced for some!)

Like others have said, for that price you are probably not getting a re-inforced mounting system.

Glen

There are alot better bumpers out there. They cost a little more, but they are worth it.

Look around, especially at the NAXJA sponsors:

JCR Offroad offers a nice basic bumper, just be sure to get the tie-ins:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1XJFST1&Category_Code=XJB

there are several others out there. Your budget will be the limiting factor, at least, that was mine at the time I got mine. I went with the Rigidco front with receiver. I bought it over 2 years ago and I still love it. I just wish I would have bought the winch bumper though...

Well, that's my 2 cents worth...

Good Luck!

I can answer any questions you have about the bumper. 90% of them in existence were built by me, and my brother in law designed it.

About the mounting system. The cherokee uses a triangular pattern at the front of the frame to mount the stock bumper. The warrior 560 uses the same factory bolt holes and bolts. The mounting plates are made from 3/16" thick steel, and the bumper outer is 11 guage (about 1/8") steel. The prototype pictured is on a Jeep that already had cut flares and fenders, but I assure you, no cutting of any sort is required, this is a direct bolt on.

Wait a sec here....in another post you said that there are models with d-ring mounts. Are these models still mounted in this same fashion? I certainly hope not because that's just flat out irresponsible to manufacture. It would be no different than me making 2" receiver hitches that only bolt to the rear crossmember in the factory bumper holes, it's inadequate pure and simple. I don't mean to bag on ya, I just cannot stand people building stuff as "professionals" that is not suitable for what it's intended.

the nates bumper might be an inexpensive, but i kept on addin stuff on it and my price kept going up, and alot of other bumpers already have the extra stuff with them

"my moma told me...you better shop around"

Back