• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The never ending project

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Here's what I've been up to the last couple of weeks.
I just can't leave well enough alone...as it sits right now, I'm at 20 inches of travel. Still need to mock up the shock mounts on the trailing arms
and relocate the bumps, then I can take it all back apart and finish welding everything, and paint it all.

Full Droop

P1040558.jpg

P1040559.jpg

P1040560.jpg

Full Bump

P1040561.jpg

Up tight, and out of sight...

P1040562.jpg

The sawz-all never sleeps

P1040563.jpg

P1040564.jpg

I think I need a taller floor jack...OSHA approved?

-Dan

Thanks Ryno! This has been one of the only times, I've ever figured out the geometry on paper first, and actually had it go according to plan. It was a real challenge to get the pinion angle to follow the CV driveshaft throughout the travel. I'm probably still going to have about 3 1/2" of plunge on the driveshaft, but it was the best compromise I could come up with that would fit in there.

-Dan

sweet looking project! Looks like you may need some bigger shocks back there now! Looking forward to the ttb portion of your project, this thing is going to be awesome!

sweet looking project! Looks like you may need some bigger shocks back there now! Looking forward to the ttb portion of your project, this thing is going to be awesome!

I've got some 2 1/2"x14 King coil overs to mount off the trailing arms, so I can use all that travel.

I can't wait to hit the dirt with it:D

-Dan

Can we get some better pics of those beams? Did you reinforce the shock bosses?

Can we get some better pics of those beams? Did you reinforce the shock bosses?

The trailing arms don't have the shock mounts on them yet. I'm going to make some plates that overlap the sides and mount the shocks on top of the arms. I have delrin bushings on the front pivots so the arms can't twist (much).

-Dan

Looks real nice Dan. Is that a 2 wheel drive rig?

Back