• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express vs Iron Rock Offroad

ottexj2000

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering which Tracbar would be better. I am trying to decide between the Iron Rock Offroad Double shear or the RE 1660 with RE 1665. I have a 3" lift now and do plan to go bigger at somepoint.

as far as i can tell from the pictures on iron rocks web page, the ironrock has a solid rubber bushing at the frame end where the re bar has a flex joint.

i was looking at getting the ironrock track bar, but i want the flex joint. im most likely going with the RE hd bar, bracket, and brace.

I got a very good deal on an IRO trackbar. It is very heavy duty, well made, and the bar is solid. It worked great for me in Moab.

if you have the money go for TNT. if you dont get a rock krawler bar. I know that not what you asked just didnt know if you were open to other options

Last edited:
just fyi. if you are not worried about that "little bit of extra flex", the Rugged Ridge track bar is adjustable, beefy, double sheer with a nice heavy duty mount for under $150 and they claim good for 2-6" lift.

RE makes some good products, but the IRO trac bar is less $ and far beefier! i run it and have seen RE's.when buying anything i always look beyond what everyone else is running or sold on. my .02

I like the fact that they went away from any type of flex joint here and install a double shear bracket, which is stronger. This allows the new bar, which is also longer, to run a fixed end that won't wear out as fast and is turned in the mount to allow bind free travel. It also looks more stout than any other set up I've seen. Lastly, the new bracket appears to have more coverage on the unibody to spread the load out a bit.

I like the fact that they went away from any type of flex joint here and install a double shear bracket, which is stronger. This allows the new bar, which is also longer, to run a fixed end that won't wear out as fast and is turned in the mount to allow bind free travel. It also looks more stout than any other set up I've seen. Lastly, the new bracket appears to have more coverage on the unibody to spread the load out a bit.

Damn,deep throat!

i have allways been amazed by the little things TNT does to make their products better...

tnt = the shit

Here's my TNT bar after the Rubicon. Hint: it's not supposed to look like this.

picture.JPG

hasta

Here's my TNT bar after the Rubicon. Hint: it's not supposed to look like this.

picture.JPG

hasta

ok this happens I agree... but did you call bob and tell him? I bet he replaced it with no problems and got it to you ASAP. I told him about how another manufacturer screwed me over after there trac bar sheered in half, since I was a loyal customer he gave me money off his tracbar system and 2nd day'd it to me. You can't beat that.

ok this happens I agree... but did you call bob and tell him? I bet he replaced it with no problems and got it to you ASAP.

I called whoever answered the phone(Aug 2006).
I sent pics as requested.
No reply.

Repeat.
Repeat.
[/]

Apologies to the original poster.

I called whoever answered the phone(Aug 2006).
I sent pics as requested.
No reply.

Repeat.
Repeat.
[/]

Apologies to the original poster.

Ive heard they are hit and miss there more often than not, but that goes with almost any company.

I havent delt with them in 3 years, so things might have changed either way since then.

Well, I cant vouch for any double shear stuff, nor anything Rubicon Express for that matter, but I just got my HD Trackbar from IRO, and they were great guys to deal with. The bar is very heavy duty, and seems very well made to me. I haven't really put it through that much yet though seeing as I just put it on. Time will tell, but I'm happy with it for the price.

Back