• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SS mount for 1.5" OD draglink

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
I've been running WJ steering with 1.5" OD tierod/draglink for a few years now and want to get a steering stabilizer in there. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a simple ubolt style bracket that will fit 1.5" OD. I cant even find a shop that can make ubolts that will work. Any suggestions?

I've been running WJ steering with 1.5" OD tierod/draglink for a few years now and want to get a steering stabilizer in there. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a simple ubolt style bracket that will fit 1.5" OD. I cant even find a shop that can make ubolts that will work. Any suggestions?

I bought some U-bolts from Napa and cut/drilled a little bracket out of 3/16 plate.

They had a catalog with tons of different sized U-bolts.

Do it the right way and make one.Heres the one I built a couple years ago!
1000x cleaner,doesnt slip or rotate,or tend to crimp the tubing!
stablizerbracket.jpg

Do it the right way and make one.Heres the one I built a couple years ago!
1000x cleaner,doesnt slip or rotate,or tend to crimp the tubing!
stablizerbracket.jpg

Very cool. How'd you make that.

Yep, ignore my idea. This looks much better.

Its a piece of chromoly tubing,welded some 3/8"'x1/2" on it(one side threaded/the other side counter-sunk for socket head cap screws).Then just cut it down the middle.It fits so tight,thats what the saw blade is for.You have to reverse the bolts to adjust(spread) it!!

BTW,the most interesting part of this mod was moving the SS to the drivers side(this was not an XJ, but it will still work).Better angles and clearances from "things"! I'll try for some better pics later!
crossover.jpg

Back