• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ahh, Joys of Summer, Continued Cooling Issues

StuckonTheDock

NAXJA Forum User
First thanks to all who gave such helpful, on the money suggestions to my last question. Now I have a problem that I just can't figure out.

Replaced Radiator, Electric Fan, Temp Sender all with known good ones. Re-checked all fuses, still no operation on the temp gauge. When I turn the key, it bumps up as power comes on, then just sits there, mockingly a hair below 100 degrees, and refuses to move - regardless of how much I cuss, beg, or even whine. Nothing...

Suggestions? TIA!!

Are you sure the sender is for a gauge cluster and not the idiot light cluster? My first one was for a idiot cluster but I don't remember what it did.

The sender I replaced was the one at the back of the head (4 Liter 6 Cyl) on the driver's side, the one you burp the air from the system from.

Anyone know the cold/hot resistance readings it should show?

Problem resolved...my poor jeep picked up an additional 70K miles, but worth it...it was the gauge itself. Go figure... Thanks for your suggestions, just had to get dirty with this one, thank God most sincerly that Jeeps are free, so I have donor vehicles!

Back