• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ultimate XJ Cooling System

It's not a Renix, it's an 01. The "burping" you speak of is very important in filling any coolant system. We replace at least 1 head gasket a week on a Jeep L6 at my shop. I can assure you we understand these systems and how to work on them. If you dont properly burp out a coolant system you can get a large air pocket which can cause serious damage. This is some of the knowledge I am referring to when I tell you I do this for a living. Thank you for the info though. If you read my original posts, I stated my 01 XJ coolant system is working perfectly within the factory range. I am just not happy with the factory specs and what that does in Texas in the heat of summer. If I lived further north I really wouldn't have as big of a problem with it.

Yeah I dont know. I have a 4.7 stroker, winch up front, and just a CSF radiator. I think it runs cold, 180ish. It never gets warm and my electric fan is on a switch but I never turn it on because it rarely gets over 200. My jeep must be a freak. All this is with 1 tons and 37s.

I have two big ass lights in front of my grille and a trans cooler on the front. It runs about 215 in the summer and about 195 in the winter according to my scanguage. I really don't see the winch in the way as being a problem especially with two fans pulling 4000cfm through the radiator.

It just wants to heat up as you come to a stop... the engine still hot and it can't keep up.

I stated my 01 XJ coolant system is working perfectly within the factory range.

So your saying maintaining its temperature at idle is not a OEM capability. There's millions of XJ drivers that disagree.

My bad I gave you benefit of the doubt with Renix usually people don't need help with HO.

Yeah I dont know. I have a 4.7 stroker, winch up front, and just a CSF radiator. I think it runs cold, 180ish. It never gets warm and my electric fan is on a switch but I never turn it on because it rarely gets over 200. My jeep must be a freak. All this is with 1 tons and 37s.

My gosh thats just the huggest baddest Jeep ever lol.... Wow tons? and 37s? Wow! And it runs fine....

ROFLMAO....

My jeep is on 35s and as I said, it runs fine, its just too hot for my liking.....

You are close enough, I highly recommend you come by our shop and see what we do and some of the rigs in our shop before you start bragging and talkin shit......

as far as the quoting my sources..... Here is a direct link to Bosch webpage for our replacement fans......http://www.boschmotorsandcontrols.co.uk/elektromotoren/aggregate/geblaese_axial/index.htm

it maintains its temp at idle and does not overheat. It does heat up to over 220* which if you read is within factory specs....

seems to me like these are the temps this system was designed to run in.....

here's the alldata once again which maches the service manuals......

OPERATION
Electric cooling fan 4.0L: With or without A/C request the electric fan will come on only when the coolant temperature is at least 106°C (223°F) , and will remain on until the coolant temperature drops to 103°C (217°F) or below. Regardless of coolant temperature, when air conditioning system pressures reach 2068.5 ±138 kPa (300 ±20 psi) the electric fan will engage and continue to run until the A/C system pressure drops to 1620.3 kPa (235 psi) minimum, then the electric fan will shut off.

My gosh thats just the huggest baddest Jeep ever lol.... Wow tons? and 37s? Wow! And it runs fine....

ROFLMAO....

My jeep is on 35s and as I said, it runs fine, its just too hot for my liking.....

You are close enough, I highly recommend you come by our shop and see what we do and some of the rigs in our shop before you start bragging and talkin shit......

as far as the quoting my sources..... Here is a direct link to Bosch webpage for our replacement fans......http://www.boschmotorsandcontrols.co.uk/elektromotoren/aggregate/geblaese_axial/index.htm

it maintains its temp at idle and does not overheat. It does heat up to over 220* which if you read is within factory specs....

It honestly doesn't look to me like he was talking shit, maybe being a smartass a little. Calm her down buddy, you getting all hotheaded about it is just gonna get your buttons pushed around here. :cheers:

Forgive me if I missed it, but I'm assuming you've regeared. Do you have an aux trans cooler plumbed in, and have you kept the in-rad cooler in the circuit?

If you're so tired of people showing their asses, maybe you should think about practicing what you preach. Just sayin'.....

:hang:

your right.... and I know that people love to pick E-fights cause they need to feel cool......

I was just trying to post up some decent cooling tech.....

Apparently I have no clue and am way off so I'll just go back and delete everything and get off of here.......

Im out.....

Dude... you are thick.
You started this holier then thou crap and insulting people. The response you got is one you created. No one "attacked" you until you provoked. NAXJA is a great place to learn and share but leave your
"I get payed to know this" BS at the door.

Apparently I have no clue and am way off so I'll just go back and delete everything and get off of here.......

Im out.....
ok, so we are 5 now? Come on man, you should see the shit I put up with when I wheel with my MWC buddies, you would be crying in a corner! I was just offering advice not saying your thread wasn't useful.

your right.... and I know that people love to pick E-fights cause they need to feel cool......

I was just trying to post up some decent cooling tech.....

Im out.....

:bawl::rattle:

You're the one that starting waving your e-peener around first. Reap what you sow.

anyone know how to delete my first post or edit it? I just want to remove it and I'll leave this place for good.

Don't need any personality or life lessons.... just help me erase my thread and I'll leave yall your special forum.....

anyone know how to delete my first post or edit it? I just want to remove it and I'll leave this place for good.

Don't need any personality or life lessons.... just help me erase my thread and I'll leave yall your special forum.....

Nope. don't know how at all. ;)

Back