• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire shops?

Les Schwab does they just started about a month ago

33 12.50 R15 Bighorns. Plus free road hazard. Not sure if they would accept a torn sidewall with a bunch of rock rash on the rim?

Have you asked Discount if they can order Maxxis tires for you? I've had both Schwab and Discount order Swampers for me in the past, Discount beats Scwab's prices and has cheaper mount and balance fees.

XJourney said:
Not sure if they would accept a torn sidewall with a bunch of rock rash on the rim?

Not a chance in hell. "we don't cover that," is their favorite saying. Once in awhile you may sneak one in....but VERY rare in my experiences. Discount Tire-I just found out recently- offers a warranty similar to 4wheelparts' "No questions asked" Just so ya know.

mud1059 said:
Not a chance in hell. "we don't cover that," is their favorite saying. Once in awhile you may sneak one in....but VERY rare in my experiences. Discount Tire-I just found out recently- offers a warranty similar to 4wheelparts' "No questions asked" Just so ya know.

That was what I thought. The salesman wouldn't answer my question to my satisfaction.

And Discount can get Creepy Crawlies, so I would think that they can procure Bighorns.

Les Schwab has replaced 3 of the 5 tires I bought from them (no charge). ALL of them had ripped sidewalls.

Nature of the beast for EXTs.

Sniggs said:
Les Schwab has replaced 3 of the 5 tires I bought from them (no charge). ALL of them had ripped sidewalls.

Nature of the beast for EXTs.

That's their house brand, though, with the biggest profit margin. ;) Specialty tires are another story. :firedevil

Don't get me wrong - I go to Les Schwab every time I need tires. My first ever set of tires there, one fell off my truck on the way home. 17 with no money, busted studs, no jack tall enough, and no way to call anyone. Thank good samaritans for that save. Or my most recent purchase in November when they can't get a balance right on 3 seperate attempts. I take it to Tiny's in Sumner they fix it 1st try. There was one trip in the middle where I had Les Schwab tires on my Prelude. They have a free rotate/balance policy with their tires. I brought it in for a rotation/balance. It didn't happen after they told me it did. Or my personal favorite EVERY time I pick up a tire or set they obviously assume everyone is too lazy or trusts them as they ALWAYS have 10-20 more PSI than recommended. (Wears out the tires faster.) I figure one day they'll hook me up right. I'm counting on it. For one dumb reason or another I'll keep going back there.

I haven`t had good luck with Schwab in Renton NE 4 th, but have been treated good at Schwab in Fife,and Yakima ,Richland. So I keep going back.
Big O has good coverage on there store brand,They covered 3 of my 33s with no problem.

mud1059 said:
Don't get me wrong - I go to Les Schwab every time I need tires. My first ever set of tires there, one fell off my truck on the way home. 17 with no money, busted studs, no jack tall enough, and no way to call anyone. Thank good samaritans for that save. Or my most recent purchase in November when they can't get a balance right on 3 seperate attempts. I take it to Tiny's in Sumner they fix it 1st try. There was one trip in the middle where I had Les Schwab tires on my Prelude. They have a free rotate/balance policy with their tires. I brought it in for a rotation/balance. It didn't happen after they told me it did. Or my personal favorite EVERY time I pick up a tire or set they obviously assume everyone is too lazy or trusts them as they ALWAYS have 10-20 more PSI than recommended. (Wears out the tires faster.) I figure one day they'll hook me up right. I'm counting on it. For one dumb reason or another I'll keep going back there.

I can't speak for the Les Schwab you get your service from, but come see me or anyone at the Bellevue location and we'll take care of you. All new tires should come with lifetime free balance, rotate and road hazard warranty. Also, tire pressure should be set by the pressure indicated inside the door jam.

As for Maxxis... They are new for us. Our distribution center is stocked. We are adding them to the stocking level slowly. We just got in our first set of Bighorns a day or two ago and they sold that same day. If we don't have the the size you want, we get trucks from Prineville twice a week. They are very reasonably priced.

-Jeff

Don't take it personal Jeff I'm sure they're not ALL like the one in Puyallup. I go drinkin with a father/son from the Fife store, those guys are great... I just keep trusting the one in Puyallup will do the right thing. :)

Maybe one day.

mud1059 said:

I had a Chevy Silverado, that I had 35" BFG's installed by the Renton Les Schwab. The day after the right front tire broke off the studs on an curved onramp to 405. Caused $2830.00 damage to my right front wheel assymbly, and almost caused a rollover. They denied it all, and woudln't pay for it. I got a lawyer involved, and they payed it in Full. Limy Bastards

Discount tires in Renton, i've used for about 7 full tires replacements. They have never screwed up, and i've found that their prices are the best. Partially my thought on them not screwing up is they do pretty much ONLY tires. Scwab does everything. Discount will even beat by 10% if you find tires of the same brand cheaper somewhere else. If you go to Renton, ask for Scott, and tell him Ben from the Rx7club sent you, he'll hook you up!

Another Discount vs. Schwab story, I took my 35" MTRs up to my local Schwab (Mill Creek) a couple of months ago, asked for a mount and balance. They quote me $213 to mount and balance 5 almost brand new tires on 5 brand new wheels. I tell them they're crazy, call up Discount ten minutes up the road, the do all five for $97. I went back to Schwab afterwards and told them Discounts price, and they looked at me sheepishly and mumbled something about not being responsible for what another chain will or won't do and their prices and policies. I tell the manager that he just lost my business that day as I walk out.

I've recieved both excellent, and crappy service from both chains. I think that its like any retail business, It depends on who you talk to and how you talk to them. Of course now I mount and balance my own. As long as they can get the correct product to me, in a timely fashion I have no problems with either.

I haven't gotten tires at Les Schwab, but got 2 vehicles aligned there....and had to take them both back in for a second attempt. Not going there for alignments any more.

CanMan said:
Anyone know of any tire shops in the Puget Sound area that sells Maxxis tires?

Im looking at getting 4 Buckshot or Bighorn MT's in the near future, probably 33's, maybe 35's.

What you doing with your TSL's? Do you not like them?
Michael

2xtreme said:
What you doing with your TSL's? Do you not like them?
Michael

Well, the back 2 are toast. Probably 10%.

The drivers front is about 40%, and the passangers front is around 60%. I had a bad alignment I drove on for about 2 months.

So, ill probably just sell the 2 fronts for cheap when I get new tires.

I do like them, and wouldnt mind getting 2 more, but would like a whole new set, and the Maxxis' tires fit my price range. If I were to get them again, Id get them siped and self groove them before use.

Back