• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFest Feeler: Your input wanted

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
Due to Paragon being only open on sat and sun currently, the NAC BOD came up with the idea of having thurs and fri wheeling at Rausch Creek and sat wheeling at Paragon. This would allow us to show continued support for Paragon but still have 3 days of wheeling. We would camp somewhere in between the 2 but closer to Rausch Creek. We would like to get our members input on this idea.

It sounds fine to me, as long as there is one campground and we wont be moving around at all. Rausch and Paragon are a little under 40 miles apart last time i checked, so worst case scenario its a 30 minute drive from the campground to Paragon, assuming we stay closer to Rausch as you mentioned above. The only problem i could foresee is if somebody has terminal failure at Paragon and needs to get back to the campground, but I'm sure there will be numerous people with trailers that would be willing to lend a hand. Personally, i would be AAA'ing back!

I'll think about it a bit more and maybe edit and weigh in with a less tired opinion in the morning.

JoeShmo said:
It sounds fine to me, as long as there is one campground and we wont be moving around at all. Rausch and Paragon are a little under 40 miles apart last time i checked, so worst case scenario its a 30 minute drive from the campground to Paragon, assuming we stay closer to Rausch as you mentioned above. The only problem i could foresee is if somebody has terminal failure at Paragon and needs to get back to the campground, but I'm sure there will be numerous people with trailers that would be willing to lend a hand. Personally, i would be AAA'ing back!

I'll think about it a bit more and maybe edit and weigh in with a less tired opinion in the morning.

We would find a CG in the middle and if you think about it, it would take 20-30min from redrigde anyway. As far as "breaking" somone is always willing to help someone back to the CG.

Sounds good to me.

STROKER

If the CG is close to both that would mean we still would be close enough to RC if PAP closes last seconed, reservation wouldn't have to be changed. So it seems the smart thing to do.

In this search ask if they take Pop-ups, and of course for those of us bring the fairer sex along must have good bathrooms.

Last edited:
On paper it sounds good. Rausch Creek definitely has some good wheeling and it's clear that Paragon's situation is still going to be confused for awhile.

We thought about this option for some previous NACFests, but ultimately decided that it would have been too much hassle to keep switching parks - and we couldn't quite find an appropriate campground between the two.

I think that's going to be the deciding factor. It's not just a distance thing (I agree that NAXJA'rs would manage to get anyone back to camp). Finding a wheeler-friendly (i.e. trailers, repairs, evening "festivities", etc.) venue will be a challenge amongst all the family oriented campgrounds in the area.

We never had any concerns about Rausch Creek itself - but the Paragon/Red Ridge combination is difficult to duplicate for an event as broad as NACFest.

MG :patriot:

Seems to me that the BOD has come up with a well-thought-out plan that should be sufficiently adaptible for handling any unexpected eventualities....

Now that I've pinned everyone's "buzzword BS detectors" (TM), may I also suggest that if in the process of investigating campgrounds you guys pick up on any hotels conveniently located nearby, that you post them up as well.

I'm going to start looking for myself soon, but a couple of leads never hurts...

if we are going to be looking into a different CampGround... it may be already assumed, but make sure to find one that will allow wrenching and booze:party:

scarface said:
if we are going to be looking into a different CampGround... it may be already assumed, but make sure to find one that will allow wrenching

yeah thats what were looking for.

sounds like a good plan, camping somewhere in the area and wheeling at both parks. even if the camping has to stay at Red Ridge, the drive isn't really that far when you think about it.

Getting worried...
(From Paragon's Forum)

Yes, unfortunately we will be closed this weekend which means no Monthly Ride this weekend. We are trying to reach everyone now. We can't get another hearing until next week, so the stunt they pulled will close us for this weekend. But please don't think we are closed for good. Just this weekend. As soon as we hear any updates, we'll keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and support. We wish everyone a Happy Easter.

maybe nothing

The BOD is aware of that post and the events surrounding it. This is going to be a wait and see game until the end I think. We will be camping at Red Ridge either way.

That's ok that way we can reserve spots and not have to worry about it. Who knows maybe PAP will be open more days in the summer and we can wheel there the whole weekend

Sorry gents, but I still think we should try to centrally locate between the two parks. PAP is just very unpredictable right now. I have not had time to search out a different campground, but there are a few around with more amenities (like restaurants, pools, cabins...). I have started speaking with RC management, and our dates look good so far. If someone wants to look at that stretch of 81 (between PAP and RC) and see if there are other campgrounds along the way, that would be great.

A.

I called a bunch of the more central campgrounds and none of them seemed wheeler friend;y or willing to host our BBQ..... hence the decision on Red Ridge. Red Ridge is a 40min drive to Rausch as per mapquest

40 miles will suck, but if thats what we gotta do then so be it. Maybe as we get closer we will find either PAP will be open which will make red ridge great or that we have to wheel RC in which case we can look for a spot closer to it.

Well, that means I am going to think about doing that tank add-on for my Tsunami compressor, since that kind of drive means I'll be wanting to air up and reconnect my swaybar for getting to/from RC.

For RC, are you figuring on getting everyone together in one place and rolling down as a convoy each morning? Considering the distance, that might be likelier to get everyone there at one time than "every man for himself".

John has posted new info as to where we will be camping echo valley. Is anyone camped there before, it looks like a nice place.

Back