• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinion on the lock right

rolz4x4

NAXJA Forum User
whos running one and how is it, do you like it, what dont you like about it and what do you like about?

and can i run a 4.87 gear in my ford 9 on the stock open diff, if i decide to go with the lock right or do i have to buy a different carrier?

thanks

i had a lockright in my dana 35 with an auto tranny. it had good on road manner and gave awesome locking power off road. it was easy to install, cheap and worked great.

i have heard they are crappy with a 5 speed, but never tested this. also, my dana 35 was a c-clip, i dunno about the 9"

-Tim

My son had one in his Dana 30 and never had a problem with it on 33s. He now has a detroit up front , but has a lockrite in his 8.25 w/chromo shafts and no problems. I chirps a little going around corners. I run an aussie which is the Austrialian Lockrite and it works great in my 30. I am running 35s now so that is probably my weak point now. One thing to consider if you run bigger tires is the carrier takes the Largest amount of torque right at the pin. If you have a beefy axles it shouldn't be a problem, but guys running 30 and 35s have to be cautious about getting into the throttle on Rocks and deep ruts. I'm waiting to grenade my 30 now that I run 35s:explosion

Not quiet as high quality as a no-slip, but it will work just fine.

good for the money. check out aussielockers too, they're essentially the same thing (different material I believe) and sometimes a little cheaper.

The aussie locker is much better built, and cheaper .. but they don't offer it for the 9".

Back