• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Guards?

Yeah shoot me here, but I would say Rusty's if its a D30. For the 8.8 rear I have theres no cheap route that I have found yet though....

rusty's is ok, unless you are like my buddy and "feel" with your front axle. He's already folded it in and dented the stock cover, which is alot of fun reshaping. But any tube design or even the warn would work. Just find what fits in your budget and run it. I went with the blue torch covers, which are just plain beefy.

CartsXJ said:
rusty's is ok, unless you are like my buddy and "feel" with your front axle. He's already folded it in and dented the stock cover, which is alot of fun reshaping. But any tube design or even the warn would work. Just find what fits in your budget and run it. I went with the blue torch covers, which are just plain beefy.

Daym the rusty's is that weak? I was thinking it looked better then the tube on my bud has. If it is that weak I will just have to add some material to it I guess... Thanks for the input.

Ive been running Poison Spiders Rock rings on my D30 and D44. I got them at the York Jeep Show for a good price. i like the idea of the ring going around the covers...its not peeling off and helps seal leaks. the piece that goes across the cover doesnt look like much at first...but it'll take a heck of a beating before its going to budge. i was looking at warn gaurds, but i have seen them give in, and i couldnt pass up the deal on the poison spyder ones.

justin

I'm runnin' the rusty's and they "seem" stout, although i haven't really wacked 'em yet. I liked the price and prefer them to bar type as they keep the braches and whatnot from jammin in 'em. Than again i'm not a dedicated rock guy, more bush trails, pipelines, and lake explorations, plus Rusty's has an 8.25 skid to boot.

Cheapest = weld some .25" plate on your cover
Best = Crane

I have a Rockcrusher that I haven't installed yet - teh bling for a polished turdy

.25" thick, weighs a ton

http://www.4x4xplor.com/rockcrusher30.html

DSC01050.jpg

You wanna talk about beef... I just put an OX cover on my D30. That cover is a beast! Of course, I spent like 30 minutes grinding out a section of the interal supports for the OX shifter so that the cover would fit with my ARB's air line (gotta love the irony). ;)

Thanks for all the replys. I am looking at the rockcrusher. Not bad for 125.00, anyone know where to get it any cheaper.

CartsXJ said:

i thought that was hilarious. nojoke

SourApple said:
i thought that was hilarious. nojoke

Yeah we've learned not to ride with him, unless you are looking for sudden stops. Ever been just cruisin along at 15mph and just STOP? Much fun is had.

Back