• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re lift kit

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
hey, i installed a Rubicon Express 3.5 inch lift, with full leaf pack on my 2001 xj. when i go off roading or go over big bumps in the street there is some kind of metalic clicking noise. someone once told me that RE's control arms make that kind of noise, and i was wondering if anybody else out there has had that same problem.
thanks.

I may be wrong but I read somewhere that happens when your shocks are two short. Maybe something to look at. If you have longer shocks then nevermind!

Is the noise coming from the front or rear? I know when I first put mine together, the upper control arms fit loosly in the control arm brackets and they would rattle. I then went back and installed fendor washers to tighten them up. Did you tighten the control arms and leafs with the weight of the Jeep on them or when they were up in the air? These parts should be tightened with the weight of the Jeep on them. One other thing is that if you are using RE's sway bar disconnects, these tend to rattle as well.

it rattles.....

It rattles on the front lower control arm. i originally tightened it when is was in the air but went back a retightened it while it was on the ground. The shocks are new and correct length. it almost sounds as if it is too loose. So from previous posts it sounds like there is a definite problem cause they should not make any noise?

Its either the QD's(RE's suck) or the the Heim joint trackbar(they suck too).I like RE stuff except these couple of items!

Back