• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will 31's look dumb

Moto

NAXJA Member #576
Going to be ordering the RE 4.5 lift. Was originally planning on throwing on 31" TrXus Mt's. For several reasons, to buy time till I can afford some gears, less chance of breakage, will be easier on the NOslip, and figured that they would probably stuff easier into my wheelwells without having to cut away at anything. Will these look like tiny little pizza cutters on my Jeep.
Anyone have a pic of 4.5 and 31's??
Thanks

Hey I have that same combo..... The Trxus 31s are a hair bigger then other 31s.... They almost look like a 32" tire. I used to have M/T Baja Claws, they wore out so I got some Trxus M/Ts and they ride so good. And with the RE 4.5 kit sometimes get spoiled with the ride. Do it you'll be happy.. I dont have any pics but if I can get some tomorrow I'll post them.

Scott Suyeto
Gardena, Ca.
NAXJA MEMBER #631

Moto said:
Anyone have a pic of 4.5 and 31's??
Thanks
31's are a bit small but they won't look bad IMO. I stayed with 31's at first for some of the same reasons you cite (I wasn't sure on how it would be with stock gears and I didn't know what/if/how I wanted to trim the fenders. Now of course I am itching for 33's.

Heres a pic shortly after the lift was installed. Exactly 4.5" gain on the front.
3-4-02park.jpg

Since then I added a 3/4" spacer to level with the front. With all my other bumpers and mods added front and rear now sit at 5" even. And I still have 31's...
mreric20.jpg

Back