• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Lift still making noises

Xjforme

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 3" black dimond lift put on about 3 week ago. In the last two weeks it has been squeaking like nothing else. I took it into the shop where they tighten all the bolts down but that didn't fix it. It this a common thing for new lifts? It was a 3" AAL with Shocks.

Does it happen on road or offroad? Is it the suspension or the body?

So far I've only been on-road. I notice it most when getting in and out of the Jeep and when going over speed bumps. Its the Suspension lift that came with New front springs, shocks, trac bar, and Add a leaf.

Leaf spring bushings ? Mine squeak cuz their worn. I had the most anoying sweaks didn't know where it was coming from. Found it was the tail gate. I removed the rear sway bar and that all stopped. Spray lube on all your bushings and go from there urethane bushings love to squeak.

Mine squeak horribly. I went from 4 1/2-6 1/2" and new (used) LCA. I'm 99% sure it's the bushings in the used LCA. When they're wet, or I spray some WD40 on them, they stop. Soon as they dry up, squeaks again. Sounds like someone rolling around on a crappy bed.

I just live with it for now really, cause I hardly drive the thing ATM cause of busted power steerings pump and a hoard of new parts in the back just waiting for a nice enough day that doesn't hit 99deg to put on.

grab your sockets, jack, jackstands and grease gun...

when i installed my new suspension components, i shot some grease in the control arm bushings/sleves, coil spacers, spring pads, shock bushings, and sway bar bushings to keep the noise down.

and the grease will stick around longer than the wd40 and protect the bolts from rusting to the sleves inside the bushings....

I'm not terribly worried about mine really. Soon as I get shocks and new front coils, I can put the longarm kit on and be done with it (until I want something bigger that is!). Already have leaf packs, steering components and new front and rear end ready to drop in.

Back