• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bountiful Ridge Trail Run

stp189

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I will spear head the next trail run. What is a good date for you guys? I am looking at the calendar right now and it looks like the 19th is the best for me. With 2 hollidays this month we might have to wait until August. Let me know what you think?

19th sounds good, the only time between the holidays I don't have something on the calender!

BTW, anyone know of good wheeln near Payson Lakes, or the Nebo Loop, will be there this weekend....

I can't get away until August 1st. Would love to go. Maybe I can work it out. I will keep in touch with the thread to see what you guys come up with. Later

Where is Bountiful Ridge?
I thought that they closed and barricaded off the main good trail in Bountiful. That is, the one that begins at the parking lot by the "B" and ends at that campground about 4-6 miles up Skyline Drive.
Is it up Skyline farther, like where the sign and fork is? (Right next to the gate on the road that heads to Farmington canyon.)
I have been up there prob 12 times and have found only easy mountain roads and ATV only trails.
Please fill me in, I would love to finally make it to a run! I can probably swing the 19th.

I'll also be wifeless that weekend, so it shouldn't be too hard to swing a trip.

DeadEyeJ said:
Where is Bountiful Ridge?
I thought that they closed and barricaded off the main good trail in Bountiful. That is, the one that begins at the parking lot by the "B" and ends at that campground about 4-6 miles up Skyline Drive.
Is it up Skyline farther, like where the sign and fork is? (Right next to the gate on the road that heads to Farmington canyon.)
I have been up there prob 12 times and have found only easy mountain roads and ATV only trails.
Please fill me in, I would love to finally make it to a run! I can probably swing the 19th.

Not sure if we're talking the same trail, but I've been up to Francis Peak via Famington Cyn, dropped off the ridge heading North into a saddle that has some summer snowback and a small lake, then headed back up to the peak and followed the Skyline trail South which dumps out at the B above Bountiful. We'd better get some accurate trail access info before the 19th so we don't run into a locked gate.

climbon said:
I can't get away until August 1st. Would love to go. Maybe I can work it out. I will keep in touch with the thread to see what you guys come up with. Later

What's the matter?

Gonna take you a whole month to get the Jeep tiara polished?

Seldomseen said:
What's the matter?

Gonna take you a whole month to get the Jeep tiara polished?
Very good, hey Have you figured out Red Creek 2003 yet? me and all my XJ buddies are gonna come down there and raise hell and tear that place apart. also, got the bear book I will bring it down next month great book

WooHoo! I'm in!

Just signed the 19th off work, they were making the schedule right as I put my John Hancock on the calendar. Unfortunately, I will still be driving the Bronco II. But at least the Jeep will be towing it.

I think as far as trail names go, Skyline Drive connects the parking lot at the "B" in Bountiful to Farmington canyon. As far as I know, the whole main route is named "Skyline Drive". I've been through it both directions and it is basically a dirt road that a car can easily pass through. Not too many roads diverge from it. But of course, any of those roads could go practically forever. I've been on some cool trails near the Bountiful end, but they are now closed. Anxious to see some new ones up there, thought they closed ALL of them...

I just went up Bountiful Ridge to Sheep Gultch. It was a good time. Trail was great. Kind of like AF canyon but a little more scenic and technical. On the top of the ridge you can see Salt Lake on one side and Morgan on the other. There also was a pretty good little playground on the top with some good ruts and rocks to play on. I will post pictures when I get them from the photographer.

On the way up to the top there are a few little short runs that test your flex too. I think it would be a good trail to run with the group. But hey, what do I know.

stp189 said:
I just went up Bountiful Ridge to Sheep Gultch. It was a good time. Trail was great. Kind of like AF canyon but a little more scenic and technical. On the top of the ridge you can see Salt Lake on one side and Morgan on the other. There also was a pretty good little playground on the top with some good ruts and rocks to play on. I will post pictures when I get them from the photographer.

On the way up to the top there are a few little short runs that test your flex too. I think it would be a good trail to run with the group. But hey, what do I know.

IMO, anytime you can get out on a trail, it's a good run. Nothing wrong with a scenic drive sometimes (of course it's always nice to have some boulders to motor over.....:D )

mbryson said:
IMO, anytime you can get out on a trail, it's a good run. Nothing wrong with a scenic drive sometimes (of course it's always nice to have some boulders to motor over.....:D )

It was no Moab but there were a few pucker factors involved on the way down the back side.

Pucker is when I am standing behind a Grey XJ who is sitting sidways on a 60 degree angle watching his left rear tire come off the ground two feet and still going up and up. And realizing it's time to get uphill from it.

A delayed pucker is when everyone says that everything is cool durring the ordeal and afterwards told the truth.:D

Back