• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boooo!

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
so my drivers side u-joint exploded and in turn cracked my knuckle. so in response, i am upgrading to the 297 shafts and ujoints. i am going to look around for used parts and was wondering if a knuckle off a tj/yj d30 will work or if i should just try and find an xj one. also, am i correct in saying that the tj axleshafts have the 297 joints and will fit my non-disco? thanks,

richie

it's a '91

My 97 xj has 297 joints and is a non disco axle. I am not shure what year they started using the 297 joints and and non disco axles in XJ's but I think it spans quite a few years.

pro-rallye said:
so my drivers side u-joint exploded and in turn cracked my knuckle. so in response, i am upgrading to the 297 shafts and ujoints. i am going to look around for used parts and was wondering if a knuckle off a tj/yj d30 will work or if i should just try and find an xj one. also, am i correct in saying that the tj axleshafts have the 297 joints and will fit my non-disco? thanks,

richie

it's a '91

Yes, the TJ axles have 297x joints and will fit your XJ. As far as TJ and YJ knuckles fitting your XJ, yes, they'll fit. I don't know if they are exactly the same, but I would assume so. Since XJ's are plentiful in wrecking yards, it would be safest to just get an XJ knuckle.

Back