• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rancho RSX 9000x shocks

scoobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
does anybody run these? I was thinking of getting a set while you can still get the incab controler/air compresser for free. Seems like a nice setup for a daily driver wheeler.

scoobyxj said:
does anybody run these? I was thinking of getting a set while you can still get the incab controler/air compresser for free. Seems like a nice setup for a daily driver wheeler.

I do and have ran 9000s for years. I like them a lot. About to try the race series.

hinkley

I have that setup.....incab and all and I love it.l Very easy to control and gives multiple combinations as far as rides are concerned. I drive 70 miles round trip a day and being able to have softer setting every day makes it soooooo much more tolerable. Plus, now that they have the in cab for free is a god time to jump on it.

Pros:

Very novel...very sheek.. and will impress anyone in your XJ...nice to be able to dial in settings while on the move...also great when you don't feel like hooking your disconnects back up...just stiffen up the front and you almost have a Sway bar feel....

Cons:

When you get a leak...and you will...it is very difficult to find.
The plastic hose is prone to kinking if not ran well
The plastic fitting for the hose to the shock sticks out and can break/crack if hit on any rock...(easy fix if you carry a spare)...

I guess if you are willing to maintain the system then I would definately do it.

PS..it gets annoying though when your friends don't stop fiddling with the incab fill/release...every one, and I mean every one, in the front passenger seat will try it out....every one likes nifty red buttons

ECKSJAY said:
Does it make you even remotely wonder why they're giving it away? ;)

Because it is a cheaper promotion than giving away a free shock????

Called Advertising promotion! :D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Because it is a cheaper promotion than giving away a free shock????

Called Advertising promotion! :D

hinkley

lol

Unless they've improved the design all I've heard about is how the fittings leak and they're more trouble than they're worth...

But hell, if it's free...

ECKSJAY said:
lol

Unless they've improved the design all I've heard about is how the fittings leak and they're more trouble than they're worth...

But hell, if it's free...

Only if you're from Oklahoma and named Terry!

Installer error 99% of the time if there is trouble.

I have heard/seen they have done some stuff to make it more user friendly! :dunno:

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
I have heard/seen they have done some stuff to make it more user friendly! :dunno:

hinkley

Cool! I like my Bilsteins better than my 9000s by far anyway. ;) I could never find a good setting that felt right...

ECKSJAY said:
Cool! I like my Bilsteins better than my 9000s by far anyway. ;) I could never find a good setting that felt right..
ECSJAY did you have the incab controler? The reason I ask is because I am under the assumption that it provides unlimited settings between full hard, and full soft.

Also if i do decide to get them any recommendation on who/where to get the best deal from?

scoobyxj said:
ECSJAY did you have the incab controler? The reason I ask is because I am under the assumption that it provides unlimited settings between full hard, and full soft.

Also if i do decide to get them any recommendation on who/where to get the best deal from?

Yes you can adjust them anyplace along the gauge.

hinkley

Back