• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need gear help (fast)

massxj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a dana 44 yukon gears and a locker this is my first time doing gears is 10 thou ok for backlash i know its at the top of the limits just dont know if its ok

race_judge said:
It has been my understanding that 8 to 14 is best, I am moving mine out to at least .012 in my d30, I am in the process of putting 4:56 in right now

John

.012 in your dana 30?

watch it grow.........

i just ran a pattern and i think the pinion is to far away ill try to post pics tomorow. thanks for the help anyway. getting much to tired to fight with it now. how much shim should i move to tighten it up

What he said.
Its a whole new way of thinking.
.001" can mean the difference between *feeling* right and wrong.
Good luck.

I did (helped with!) a gear swap recently. We set the D30 at .007, and the 44 ended up at .005. No noise at all and awesome patterns!

look at this shit....Big Country does one lousy R&P job, and his reputation goes to "BGCountry72 is just really nice"

looks like .001" can really affect your rep around here.

81-percent of naxja are under a spell.

Did you pull backlash on the D30 before removing factory gears....anyone? Everyone should do this for me for now on.

When I did Chewy's it was at .028 or .032, can't remember which exactly but it was one or the other. Either way it was sloppy.

Back