• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Shock install

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my OME shocks and ran into a small problem. On the front shocks, the bushing lip that fits into the upper shock tower is smaller than the opening. Overall, the bushing is large enough to "Mount it" and there does not seem to be any play, but it does not seem right. I even broke down and looked at the instructions, it does not show anything special. The funny thing was, there was a compete 2nd set of bushings in with the shocks, am I missing something here?

Did you put one bushing under and one inside the wheel well? You tightened them down to compress them a little? Seems odd that they would be too small. Can you take a picture?

I sure did. Overall the bushing covers the mounting hole, but the bushing has an inner raised lip that fits up into the mounting hole. That lip is smaller than the hole. My procomp shocks had a larger lip that locked it right into the hole on top an bottom. I found this pic about an install on a Toyota, but the instructions did not say to do this...

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/images/ome_install/ome_13.jpg

Nobody else has had this sort of issue with their shocks? Maybe this is exactly how they are supposed to be, it just does not seem right to me.

Back