• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 8" SkyJacler lift?

Northern Pride

NAXJA Forum User
When I'm going down the road and hit small bumps and cracks in the road I hear what I think is the hiem joints banging. I think I remember reading somewhere that someone else had this problem and they said the hiem joints that come with the SkyJacker lift go quickly. If I remember correctly they replaced them with Terraflex control arms.

Can anyone add there expertise to this?
thx...

I used to have heim joints, and they were the worst. Its not that the wear or break down, its that the rotate and start to bang on the sides. I then upgraded to RE adjustable control arms that have the Johnny joints instead of heims. Problem solved. For you though, I'm not sure which arms to get since those arms are Mid size, I only had short arms.

MSHarnett said:
I used to have heim joints, and they were the worst. Its not that the wear or break down, its that the rotate and start to bang on the sides. I then upgraded to RE adjustable control arms that have the Johnny joints instead of heims. Problem solved. For you though, I'm not sure which arms to get since those arms are Mid size, I only had short arms.
Thx for the info Harnett!

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Well if I was going to make some new arms I think Id look at extending the uppers to fix the caster/pinion angle problems with that kit!

RCP Phx said:
Well if I was going to make some new arms I think Id look at extending the uppers to fix the caster/pinion angle problems with that kit!
caster/pinion angle problems with that kit..explain if you would thx

Are you familliar with this lift RCP..?

Thx

Yeah, one of the guys I know from work has this kit.Becauseof the un-equal length arms it really rolls the pinion down on drop-out and binds the CV along with the lateral binding.He tore the passenger side axle mount off before fabbing up some rubber bushing arms, better but still needs work

RCP Phx said:
Yeah, one of the guys I know from work has this kit.Becauseof the un-equal length arms it really rolls the pinion down on drop-out and binds the CV along with the lateral binding.He tore the passenger side axle mount off before fabbing up some rubber bushing arms, better but still needs work
RCP does he have some pics of this you can post?

Thx
Doug...

Back