• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Still wobbles, what next?

mtnranger

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on the RE 3.5 w/leaf pack, ZJ coils, JKS Trac bar, OME shocks and stabizer shock on my 98 XJ. I've Tightened every thing and it still has DW bad at 50 when I hit a bump. I had the tires balanced, I had the front end aligned and it toe in at zero and 5.8 castor. I went ahead and added 1/8" shims to get it over 6*, still shakes. Today I changed out tie rod ends, pitman tie rod and drag link and that didn't help. Now what, control arm issue? I got the longer fixed lower control arm with the kit but now I'm thinking about drop bracket or adjustable control arms, what do you guys think? Or should I look at steering box brace and or drop pitman arm track bar drop bracket first?

Try less caster, like 4.5 degrees with the 32" tires.
Too much caster will have the big tires correcting and over-correcting trying to find center.
What back spacing the rims have can amplify the problem as the turning axis at the ground is not in the center of the tires contact patch.

Back