• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In the shop for an alignment

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my heep back from a day in the shop for an alignment after my RE6025 (3.5" netted 5").

They are trying to tell me that I need to put on a Drop Pitman Arm, With a 3.5" do I need one? The only thing wrong after the lift was Toe-In, I had about 1.25" wider at the rear of the front tire. And steering wheel cocked 90*+.

If I do need one how much larger of one do I need?

XJ91 said:
Just got my heep back from a day in the shop for an alignment after my RE6025 (3.5" netted 5").

They are trying to tell me that I need to put on a Drop Pitman Arm, With a 3.5" do I need one? The only thing wrong after the lift was Toe-In, I had about 1.25" wider at the rear of the front tire. And steering wheel cocked 90*+.

If I do need one how much larger of one do I need?

CONFUSED...you put on a 3.5 inch life and netted 5" ?? With 5 " of lift maybe, but I'm running 3" and mines fine...

No, you don't need a drop pitman. The steering configuration on the XJ (and TJ and ZJ) is good past 4.5" as long as the trackbar and draglink are parallel to each other.

Ditto on what Yucca-man said,Im at +6" and Zero bump steer!

Yucca-Man said:
No, you don't need a drop pitman. The steering configuration on the XJ (and TJ and ZJ) is good past 4.5" as long as the trackbar and draglink are parallel to each other.

I've never realy looked to see if they are parallel to each other.(I'll check in the morning) I did re-locate the original track bar, by drilling a hole 3/4" towards the drivers side.

RCP Phx said:
Ditto on what Yucca-man said,Im at +6" and Zero bump steer!

I have not noticed any bumpsteer. With the alignment I algot the shop to put a new steering dampner(sp?) on.

red91inWA said:
CONFUSED...you put on a 3.5 inch life and netted 5" ?? With 5 " of lift maybe, but I'm running 3" and mines fine...

Yep, I had 17.5" from center of the front wheels to fender flare before the lift and is sits now at 22.5". Rear was at 17" and is now 22".

Back