• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short control arm angles

GroversXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a waggy d44 into my front end and in the process i've raised the lower and upper mounts on the axle to try to minimize my short arm angles for a better ride. I put the axle under the jeep for the first time after tack welding the link mounts on and it looks like I may need to lower my upper mounts on the axle by an inch. So I measured the upper arm angle at 7 degrees. What angle does the stock control arms sit with no lift?

Where the axle was sitting in the image will be about where the upper arms will sit at ride height, maybe just a little flatter. I'm just concerned I built the upper mounts too high and they of the upper arms will hit something when the suspension cycles. Not knowing what angle the stock vehicle control arms sit at makes me second guess my initial mock up design. The lower arms are at a very steep angle right now until I finish the mounting points for them.

I don't have specific angles, but this picture was taken after I installed a replacement axle, with Rokmen adjustable control arms and RC Drop brackets. The XJ is sitting on 4.5" of lift at this time.

Yes, the upper control arm does go up slightly towards the axle from horizontal.

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks David. That helps a ton because that's essentially what I'm going for is to duplicate what the drop brackets do but with raising my axle mounts.

Yeah I built the axle dolly to move it between the garage and the cement slab where my jeep rests on jack stands. I then figured I needed a removable handle so I could push it under the jeep and line up the axle links.

Last edited:
Back