• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crossmember options (AX15)

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
'97 XJ, 4.0, AX15, 231...

my stock crossmember is FUBAR'ed. i had plans to replace it and my short arms all at once, but that doesnt seem to be an option right now. currently, the entire crossmember is pushed up, giving me some funky driveline angles, and causing my shifter to not work properly (Tcase still shifts and works properly, the linkage is just too far off to work properly).

i need to get her back on the road but i cant find a single manual in a JY around here. i know the crossmember from an auto is going to raise the trans slightly, will it be too much? i am in need of a trans mount too, is there a shorter option that might work for me if i just get a auto crossmember?

I have an auto crossmember temporarily in my 98 with the AX15. It lifts the transfer case nearly to the floor, but I'm running a bulky 241OR. Other than the close clearance, it works fine.
Novak Conversions has this low profile AX15 mount which should give you a few ideas if you decide to build a custom crossmember in the future.

www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/rear_mounts/rmax15_rear_mount.htm

You could use a "t-case drop" to lower the auto trans x-member

I have an auto crossmember temporarily in my 98 with the AX15. It lifts the transfer case nearly to the floor, but I'm running a bulky 241OR. Other than the close clearance, it works fine.
Novak Conversions has this low profile AX15 mount which should give you a few ideas if you decide to build a custom crossmember in the future.

www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/rear_mounts/rmax15_rear_mount.htm

I should add that my chassis stiffeners keep the auto crossmember a tad lower than a stocker. The Xfer case linkage is at the upper end of proper function. A few years back I had a Rusty's crossmember with a one inch drop that worked fine. Might be a temp option...

Should, I think that there were only auto and manual crossmembers, not different for engines.

Back