• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCOG Build worth it ?

Whiskeytango89

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone so I have been doing my research on a LCOG build. For the types of wheeling that I do I think it is probably going to be the best possible option.

Has anyone out there done this type of build, and can attest to its advantages as well as drawbacks

Thanks guys

ive ran 2 lcog rigs, first was 2" on 33's then 3" on 33's and the second was 5" on 38's soon to be 5" on 42's, have zero complaints about both, being low and stable is amazing

currently i am 3" on 33 I have not upgraded my bumpstops as of yet so i am rubbing my fenders and I probably could afford to cut a few more inches. I would love to do 5" on 42's do you have a build thread?

yay stability
yay less weight transfer
yay better handling
yay more weight over the tires when at angles/inclines

boo using skid plates more often (who cares?)
boo less uptravel (for high speed stuff)

I can say in all the wheeling I have done over the years being relatively low there hasn't been any real obstacle I couldnt do due to my belly height Almost everything I could hit with enough momentum and slide over. With lockers and at least one tire with traction, you can usually find your way off of whatever you are hung up on.

I really enjoy 3" and 33's.

I had 8" on 35's when I got mine, I lowered to 6" on the 35's......big difference, much better handling. Mostly rocks around these parts so
I'll stay at 6" for the year and then we'll see.

Depends on what kind of wheeling you do. Out here in the desert and rocks, lcog doesn't work.

3" with 33's has worked for me. Being low sometimes allows you to side hill/take some different lines. As far as belly height, it self tolerances after time anyways.

c8bfd956-0fa0-49df-bd8f-5ca7e8dac178.jpg

3" with 33's has worked for me. Being low sometimes allows you to side hill/take some different lines. As far as belly height, it self tolerances after time anyways.

c8bfd956-0fa0-49df-bd8f-5ca7e8dac178.jpg

Gatekeeper at calico right?

I'm happy with my 4" and 33's I drag on almost everything but I go everywhere my buddy with 7" and 33's goes... All I need is long arms and ill be golden

Was looking at running an 8" kit with 37s right when the LCOG stuff started becoming popular and decided to go with a 6.5" kit instead... glad I did, the kit manufacturer says the 8'' kit with 35s is kinda tippy off road... Mine's seemed great so far, may add wheel spacers to give it a slightly larger wheelspan and might lower it a little in the future. Trim fenders and get long enough bumpstops to keep your tires from hitting your fenders if you care and there's no need to lift it to the sky.

Depends on what kind of wheeling you do. Out here in the desert and rocks, lcog doesn't work.

Depends on what desert your wheeling in... Johnson valley, yes anything with tires smaller than 35's and you might as well go home... But calico, jawbone canyon, panamint valley can all be done on 31's, the rubicon can be done on 33's and low cog rig, I just think it's the Johnson valley area where low COG isn't allowed :)

Back