• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.63 gears?

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a D30 from a guy with an ARB in it. What the heck did the 3.63 gear ratio come in, or was it just something someone stuck in there? I want to get rid of the gear set too.

must be an aftermarket set. probably not worth much to anyone then.

Not true, there is such a thing. I have a set....and if they aren't then there still is such a thing just in a different rig, not a jeep.

How many teeth are on a ring gear of a 3.55?

Maybe something out of a volvo "dana 30"? If it's that, rumor has it that the lockers and diff carriers out of those are eggshell thin and will :explosion quickly.

I know on not running the stuff.....and no its a Dana 30 out of a Jeep, and its the ARB I bought it for not the ring and pinion.....I was just wondering what the heck the 3.63 stamp was on both the ring and the pinion. NO other numbers for gear ratios. Thats what has me so puzzled.

Just solved it, did the math and it came out to stock its the 39 tooth ring and 11 tooth pinion so its stock gears, I will make a note to check another stock set and see if the same stamp is on it or if its stamped 3.55 anywhere.

Question Answered!

no such thing aftermarket or not...not a numerically correct number for the size carrier and size pinion. plus nobody even makes that set. either 3.07, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 or 5.13 i think is all you will find for a dana 30

You guys saying that they dont make them are wrong.....albeit your right that they dont make them for our rigs....but the 3.63 gear ratio exists.

Again, Question answered :cheers: now we can have a beer!

You guys saying that they dont make them are wrong.....albeit your right that they dont make them for our rigs....but the 3.63 gear ratio exists.

Again, Question answered :cheers: now we can have a beer!
No offense man, but can you tell me what has 3.63s:passgas:

it appears that some model t's and miatas do :dunno:

the 363 on the r&p is just part of a serial number. if u look at any of the stock ring gears in the danas maybe others havent checked it actually has the r&p tooth count stamped in them

363 might be the R/P set matching number as 1990heepxj said. They sometimes use letters too, one of my sets is N25 and the one sitting on the other side of my desk is 864.

You can get 5.13s for the JK D30 and 5.38s for a low pinion XJ/TC D30 iirc.

Back