• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have a BDS lift?

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
'98 Sport, 4.5 lift, 32-11.50's...I put my long arm kit in about a year ago.... 3-4 months later, the track bar bushings were shot (frame side).

1 e-mail and new parts were shipped the same day.

Now 7-8 months later they are shot again....

Just wondering if I'm the only one?

I dunno but could you post a few pics of the setup :D

Bushings wear out. Be glad you don't have the RE shortarm kit. My rubber bushings on the frame side wore out in maybe 2-3 months.

Thats why alot of the better trackbars use "flex" joints of some type.There can be alot of "rotational" movement as the suspension cycles!

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Cut of the bushing sleeve and put a flex joint or heim in there instead. My RE track bar has a big RE flex joint on the frame side.

i have a bds lift, love the lift, but the bar is complete garbage, I broke it, they replaced it, broke it, they replaced it, broke it, they replaced it with an updated one, broke it and didn't even bother getting another one. Never got a chance to wear one out but I replaced it with something with a flex joint as well

I have the bds kit to and love it, but the trac bar is s***! I made my own with flex joints at ether end. I needed to make a new trac bar mount anyways, when I went to chevy one ton steering

i have the 6.5'' bushing wore out . replaced it.. 6 weeks later the bar snapped as i was driving around a corner . i replaced the bar with the upgraded model but i am not really happy with it, the axle end is still the same... i will most likely replace it with another brand or make my own..

has anyone actually talked to one of their engineers about the bushing problem? I talked to them a lot about the snapping thing and then they came out with the revised one. The revised one still snapped but at least they were decent, listened, did something about it, and kept giving me free parts. Could probably get free bushing from them or get them to upgrade them.

We put one in my buddies tj with a longarm kit, hes been through three axle end bushings and two bars. They are garbage, dont recommend them to anyone. Re double shear is the way to go. I like the rest of the bds components! They werk good on my rig!

has anyone actually talked to one of their engineers about the bushing problem?

Not yet.... That's why I posted this here. I figured if there were a whole bunch with the same problem, they would be more willing to address the problem.

I'll be calling them soon. BDS has a lifetime, no questions asked policy.

I figured as a last resort, I'll see about making some out of bearing bronze. I hate the idea of throwing bushings at it every 6 months....

My buddy ended up gettin a delrin bshing set made. As Bds couldnt identify which one he had. They told me there have bee 6 supercessions from the original. You'd think they getit right sfter the 4th or 5th time

lifetime, no questions asked policy. - they like to preach that anyways, not always the case. It could be our dickhead snobbish vendor up here. I hate dealing with them.

My buddy ended up gettin a delrin bshing set made. As Bds couldnt identify which one he had. They told me there have bee 6 supercessions from the original. You'd think they getit right sfter the 4th or 5th time

lifetime, no questions asked policy. - they like to preach that anyways, not always the case. It could be our dickhead snobbish vendor up here. I hate dealing with them.
I had the aluminum tapered shim on my BDS leafs break and fall out. They told me that for them to warranty the spring I would have to ship the whole thing back to them. That's bullsh!t! They could have mailed me a replacement shim for a few bucks. That's the kind of thing I remember when it's time to buy new parts. Customer service is a huge priority for me.

...the track bar bushings were shot ...
Now 7-8 months later they are shot again....

Just wondering if I'm the only one?

are you using dino grease or synthetic? regular grease softens and breaks down the polyurethane. using synthetic is recommended.

lifetime, no questions asked policy. - they like to preach that anyways, not always the case...

i've found the 'lifetime, no questions asked' policy to be invaluable. i'm hard on my rig offroad, and i've needed quite a few parts replaced. i think most vendors/manufacturers would have laughed at me if i tried to return shocks in the condition which i returned mine. i had replacements in a few days and seriously, no questions asked.

It could be our dickhead snobbish vendor up here. I hate dealing with them.
BDS is protective of their vendors, but maybe you should call them directly and tell them of your displeasure with yours. maybe they would assign a different vendor to you. i use Hoak's and couldn't be happier.

Back