• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Adjustable Track Bar Opinions

I have it it came with my 6.5 kit seems fine so far and i have seen iron man makes a nice one as well theres a post about it somewhere..hope this helps.

ironman4x4fab.com has a 100% bolt in unit that requires no additional brakets for about 160$ A lot beefier, and can be adjusted while its BOLTED IN!

my brother has this on his with the 6.5 kit and the frame bracket broke. I don't really like the way it's made. The IRO one is the best I've used so far.

The Iron Man bar uses a double sheer upper mount bolt design. Would this have a tendency to loosen over time and start to cause sloppy performance?

So far no probs with my rough country but havent went offroad yet i have the iron man adj rear shackles and they are beefy so i assume the track bar would be as well.

Andy at IronMan builds to your specs. There's not set trackbar with him cuz he wants it right the first time so he'll ask you for details to get it right.

As for the Rough Country trackbar, I got rid of mine that came with the 4.5" long arm kit cuz it's just too small for my likings. It was as thin as my finger. YOU DEFINITELY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. ;)

When I first open it and pulled it out I was like "damn this is NOT hung like a moose". I new an upgrade was needed.

DSCF6777.jpg

yikes...

DSCF6775.jpg

A few emails to Andy and two weeks later my size has been upgraded.

DSCF7009.jpg

:shhh:

I'm sellin my RC bar to whoever doesn't abuse it much cuz it'll work fine for that but I don't trust it on the trails.

To each they're own. I stand behind company reputation and Customer satisfication. I will not be ordering anything that is hand built and poorly designed in some dudes garage untill a real reputation is established..

My RC TRE bar was not adiquite for my 5" lift.. but the new style will do just fine! Can anyone post pictures of a bad aftermarket trac bar that does NOT have a rustys sticker on it? i have not seen an RC fail, nor RE. These companys make quality parts in a warehouse, its not that the RC Trac bar is smaller then any other companys, its that you seem to think "bigger is better" and bigger must mean quality. FAIL

To each they're own. I stand behind company reputation and Customer satisfication. I will not be ordering anything that is hand built and poorly designed in some dudes garage untill a real reputation is established..

My RC TRE bar was not adiquite for my 5" lift.. but the new style will do just fine! Can anyone post pictures of a bad aftermarket trac bar that does NOT have a rustys sticker on it? i have not seen an RC fail, nor RE. These companys make quality parts in a warehouse, its not that the RC Trac bar is smaller then any other companys, its that you seem to think "bigger is better" and bigger must mean quality. FAIL

Uhh yeah.

DSCF6570.jpg

When you see that happen you realize "hey i don't want that to happen to me so i'm gonna avoid using trackbars like that"

(i also witnessed rusty's famous t-bar breakin too.....and whatdoyaknow, the threaded rod looks similar...)

The RC bar has the same size threaded rod on it, TOO THIN. So in the case of RC's trackbar, BIGGER IS BETTER.

But of course this would work for those who don't wheel hard or never wheel at all.

Last edited:
What size is that threaded rod?

when it come to the size of the same material, then yes, bigger is better because its stronger.

the trackbar is the only link that keeps the axle from moving laterally, while 3 or 4 links(control arms) control the forward backward movement of the front axle.

so, which link do you want to be the strongest? the 1 link that holds the axle laterally, or the other 3/4 links holding it in the other directions.

Good point! I have already broken my Rusty's Track Bar threaded rod end when I was making the transition onto the road out of my driveway. lol I have no problem purchasing the Iron Man bar I am just wondering about the performance of their double sheer bracket bolt and if any slop develops over time at that point?

I have a TNT track bar and I love it! My advice would be avoid kRusty's track bars and anything that is NOT double sheer. I like TNT, Rock Krawler, and Iron Rock track bars they are all very beefy and dual sheer

Back