• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Religion?

What religion do you follow?

• Catholic

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Jewish

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Protestant

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Mormon

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Unitarian

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Presbyterian

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Rastafarianism

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Hiduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Islamic

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Satanism

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Taoism

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Lutheran

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted but I'm too late to raz Rock with anything that hasn't already been covered.

While it's probably the case that in a war between Catholics and, say Presbyterians, Lutherans would back the Presbyterians against the Catholics, but beyond that protestant sects never associate with each other and it is fair to list them separately.

5-90 said:
None of the above.

Agnostic, recently turned Deist. I don't choose to follow an "established" religion - and I believe that Worship is a matter to be held between me and my God. I've never been impressed with established religions, I think they've corrupted belief in the Divine with politics.

5-90

Agree 100%

another vote for 5-90ism

Churches have gotten to "worldly" So I'll just keep praying to the god I beleive in and see how it goes from there..

Hmmm...

So far, this looks like a "standardized" result of a cross-section of North America that could be looked up elsewhere on the web-

You're in the neighborhood of like +/- 3% difference of what a poll of the entire populace would respond.

Maybe you should switch it up a bit, and make it a comparison of "Jeepers", versus the common population? Everybody knows that Sundays were made for Jeepin'! I use enough trees to pull my b*tt out of bad scrapes, I should probably think about converting to "Druid".

Taoism... not just a religion but a way of being. Saying that....... I was actually VERY surprised to see two others who have ventured down the general direction I have! out of curiosity... for the other two guys here, do you ever venture to truetao.org or taoism .net?

GO 5.56%ers! all 3 of us....:p

JeepFreak21 said:
And what is your reasoning behind this statement?
xmasconfused.gif

Billy

a·the·ist (
amacr.gif
prime.gif
th
emacr.gif
-
ibreve.gif
st)
n. One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

ag·nos·tic (
abreve.gif
g-n
obreve.gif
s
prime.gif
t
ibreve.gif
k)
n.
    1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
    2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
    3. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

:lecture: English, learn it; us it.

EDIT: Think of the bunny!

Last edited:
goodburbon said:
5-90 summed it up best for me. So I now practice 5-90ism.

Very well. Understand this, then...

There is no "church" per se - it is wherever you do the best you can with what you're given.

Worship? Worship consists of using the skills you're given to the best effect.

There is no need to pray, nor is there any need to proselytise, evangelise, or just try to convert people. Your beliefs are yours, and no-one else's

Politics? Don't mix politics and religion, and don't even discuss them separately.

The idea here is a "live and let live" mentality. That's why I can't get into any particular religion.

Amazing - I must make a lot of sense, since people keep agreeing with me....

5-90

5-90 said:
Very well. Understand this, then...

I must make a lot of sense, since people keep agreeing with me....

5-90

Of course. I see politics in your future :D

in a hypothetical sense of course.

kawijames said:
Taoism... not just a religion but a way of being. Saying that....... I was actually VERY surprised to see two others who have ventured down the general direction I have! out of curiosity... for the other two guys here, do you ever venture to truetao.org or taoism .net?

GO 5.56%ers! all 3 of us....:p
I clicked the Taoism one because even though most would consider me Christian, I was, and still am heavily influenced by Taoism in my life.

Never heard of those sites, btu I'll check em out.

Well I dunno about everybody else but I intentionally didn't vote on it so that I can wait for about eight months, find it, and vote thus brining it back to the top for another round.

I've got dibs on 16 months!

:laugh3:

And the wisdom keeps coming!

5-90ism rocks

I now have to go to my service of choice.......(work on JEEP). Nevermind, its too cold for that. I guess I AM good at watching TV, maybe I'll just watch it the best I can till it warms up outside.

Methodist didnt make the cut?

I know it falls under christian, but no go there either..
I call it the "slacker" religion.. not alot of formality invovled, come and go as you wish.

I am more into Karma these days than religion. I just try to follow the idea of doing good things and good thing will come back around, do bad things and they will be returned 10 fold. (not sure where that comes from, but i heard it somewhere, or maybe I read it on the internet so its gotta be true).

Oh, and I didnt see JW either.. my wife is a recovering witness.. :laugh3:

zfinger said:
I'm Agnostic (thats the one where you dont beleive in anything right?). But my dads Jewish so by blood and family relations I guess I'm half Jewish.

That would be Nihilism

Nihilist: We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing. And tomorrow we come back and we cut off your Johnson.
The Dude: Excuse me?
Nihilist: I said
[shouting]
Nihilist: "We'll cut off your johnson"!
Nihilist: Just you think about that, Lebowski.
Nihilist: Yeah, your wiggly penis, Lebowski.
Nihilist: Yeah and maybe we stomp on it and squoosh it, Lebowski.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can be 1/2 Jewish. As a matter of fact since Judaism is actually a tribal religion, you don't even have to believe in the religion. If someone on your mother's side was Jewish, you are Jewish no matter what you believe. Of course that's only what I have read on the Interweb, I could be wrong. I'm just a recovering Catholic.

I think that I read somewhere that if, after having eaten asparagus, your pee doesn't smell like sulphur, you're truly Jewish.

Go get yourself some asparagus...

Bent said:
a·the·ist (
amacr.gif
prime.gif
th
emacr.gif
-
ibreve.gif
st)
n. One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

ag·nos·tic (
abreve.gif
g-n
obreve.gif
s
prime.gif
t
ibreve.gif
k)
n.
    1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
    2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
    3. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

:lecture: English, learn it; us it.

EDIT: Think of the bunny!

Hmm.... I don't see anything about acknowledging polls about religion.
xmasconfused.gif

Billy

Dookie said:
lutheran is dead last, just under taoism and satanism...

lol...

Lutheran and Presbyterian shouldn't be on there. They are both protestant denominations.

But now after reading this interesting thread I see that little tid bit was already pointed out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back