• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pick The Two Gauges You Did / Would Add To Your XJ!

Choose Which Gauges You Did / Would Install: (multiple choice allowed)

• Total voters
I'd add 4 gauges, trans temp, coolant temp, and when I do a dual battery setup for my winch a volt meter for each battery

Has anyone come up with a way to get an aftermarket trans temp sensor wired into the obdII setup so it could be read by a scan gauge? I am going to put a scanguage in but I think it would be a lot cleaner if I didn't hAve to add a second gauge for trans temp.

No way to do that. The TCM doesn't have an option for a temp sensor, and that is what gives the PCM any transmission info. I don't think you can pull up any transmission info on the Scangauge. Compared to modern vehicles, our OBD II is quite primitive, thank god.

i added a trans temp gauge, i want to also add an oil temp

Personally I run the BullyDog Watch Dog gauge system and it works pretty well, granted its not designed for the Jeep but it definitely has accurate gauges available on it and multiple Aux inputs. Trying to set up my air tank pressure to the watch dog so i dont have to stop on the trail, get out and look in the back to check pressures right off my tank. Also has a nifty little 'driving coach' on it to help monitor fuel economy. Also has the ability to check/clear codes of the rig. Only downfall ive seen from it is the fact that it communicates through K-wire and not normal OBDII communication but like I said its not exactly made for the Jeeps.

Personally I run the BullyDog Watch Dog gauge system and it works pretty well, granted its not designed for the Jeep but it definitely has accurate gauges available on it and multiple Aux inputs. Trying to set up my air tank pressure to the watch dog so i dont have to stop on the trail, get out and look in the back to check pressures right off my tank. Also has a nifty little 'driving coach' on it to help monitor fuel economy. Also has the ability to check/clear codes of the rig. Only downfall ive seen from it is the fact that it communicates through K-wire and not normal OBDII communication but like I said its not exactly made for the Jeeps.

I would like to find a system that works on a '91, does that one? Pic of your install?

I had to select other because the only gauge I've added to my dash is Air Pressure for the OBA.

I did put a wideband on my Trans Am to help with tuning it, and if I ever put the TBI on my CJ I'll move it over there to check it. No reason for it on the XJ unless I'm changing fuel injection system or computer.

Last edited:
I don't know of any plug in gauge that works with OBDI

I have to go with Talyn on this one, I dont know if any DLC plug in gauges that are set up for OBDI.

Well I should not complain, having such a simple system is, for the most part, quite nice!

Thanks for the replies.

Back