• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman

lets start calling Mike "Kanye" -- ya know, set up a go fund me page... :D

Bahahahahahahahaha. No debt. I've been saving.
But Troy has the new not expensive toys. He's the real baller. Call him jay-z. Don't know what he really does, but apparently he's real good at it.

yeah, when I hear "balla" or "playa", its the image of the troyscout that jumps to mind. I think he even has special disposition to wear a flatbill on patrol...

yeah, when I hear "balla" or "playa", its the image of the troyscout that jumps to mind. I think he even has special disposition to wear a flatbill on patrol...

Anxiously awaiting the photoshop.
Pic from him in the vanogan giving the bird with a flat bill and sunglasses. Hahahahahha

Troy, did you get longer front shock to go with leveling kit? When we do leveling kits we get new longer front shocks.

hey puttzer, ease up on the actual tech, huh!?! :eyes:

Gawd I love this group here, y'all are some phunnay fools......:cheers:

The Rough Country kit comes with shock spacers (as seen in the pics). Super nice kit for the money for sure.

Ain't no way my 35's and wheels cost more than Mike's 40's and wheels.......

And no one wants to see this fat head under a flat bill.....lol! I do kinda miss shouldering-up with Steve in a van though.....:shhh:

I'm picturing like a flat bill dress cop hat... would be the bomb. :D

It just might be better than the stupid milkman hat they makes us wear for the dress uniform.....hate that damn thing.....

yeah, that's the one, but with a big old flat bill... If I had any photoshop skills, it would already be up here on your pretty face. Nothing on the interweb, so I'll just post this instead.

images

Anticipation........

IMG_20160219_110720008_zps124fpa43.jpg

man -- 35's are going to look tiny on that beast. Great, but dwarfed.

Hoping the front settles a bit, but otherwise I'm digging it!

IMG_20160219_163743725_HDR_zpsu0stpewn.jpg

The 2.5" leveling kit gave 3".....

IMG_20160219_124157978_HDR_zps6rskg9df.jpg

IMG_20160219_163931320_HDR_zpspmnahobs.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

Well, there has been a bit of a hiccup with this setup.

Apparently the Dodge 2500's and single rear wheel 3500's up to 2015 had a button on the dash that allowed you to select the TPMS warning settings for "light load" and "heavy load" which changed the rear tire pressure alerts - 65 psi light, 80 psi heavy. Not so with 2016's according to a tech and service advisor at the Dodge dealership. They're set to reflect 80 psi requirement for the rear tires. CRAP.

See..... the stock Firestone tires I got rid of were "E" rated, 3100 lbs 80 psi tires.

These Duratracs are still "E" rated, 3100 lbs...... but are 65 psi max.

Sux! If I inflate the tires to 67-68 psi, I can get the display and light to go off, but when it's cold out, the tires go below 65 psi. So now I gotta live with the TPMS warning display and yellow icon when I first start up. I can clear the display, but the yellow icon stays.

The Duratracs ride awfully stiff at 65+psi too....... I have them at 60 psi currently which is pretty good.

Who'd have guessed? :banghead:

Yeah 55 seems good on the heavy duratracs.
That's sucks about the lights. We deal with that at work too. Lame.

Just throwing this out there. On the WK I can use my Superchips Flashpaq to lower the TPMS warning to 22 PSI. They may make one for your rig.

My concern is warranty. It's my understanding that any alteration of the OEM computer programming can provide a reason to void any warranty work.

When I was discussing this TPMS light issue with a service advisor at Brandon Dodge, I mentioned the use of a programmer and he responded "Yeah, we don't advocate the use of those."

:dunno:

Back