• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y'all just about could read my obituary this morning.

better people? i dont think he was really hanging out with the crackhead.

Glad your okay and all the tests came back fine. That's one of the reasons I hate driving through Providence, I don't think I've ever actually stopped at a red light/stop sign there while I wasnt on the main roads.

So what ever happened with the crack and pipe? Did the officer question it or or did he know where it came from?

i noticed a few, could haves, should haves, in the replies. Should learn from the experience and make some plans for the next time. Another tip, is not to limit your responces to one plan, have numerous options.
Funny, went through a similiare experience when I was younger, one of those lessons you don´t forget. Except in my case, three guys drug me out the drivers side window and tore me up pretty good.
Life lessons, you learn from or you don´t make it. Had to drop off some paper work by my bosses (a couple of weeks ago). 4 Oclock in the morning, four guys hanging around the parking lot. Had a choice, the one I should have made, was to come back later, The choice I made, was to park it (actually double park it), leave the keys in the ignition, walk right through the middle of the group, being carefull to do it politely. On the way back to the XJ, a guy stopped me for a cigarette (knew that was coming), grabbed the sleeve of my shirt, I said, no I´m out, called my dogs name, asked him if he had a cigarette and gave him the magic attack word and watched the fun as he came out the drivers side window, which I´d left down. Tip two, bad things usually happen, when your comfortable and not paying attention, force yourself not to be comfortable, pay attention. Drove up the block, a safe distance and whistled the dog in.
Fire extinguisher, on the floor besides the drivers seat, used either for smoke or club (or fires), folding knife in my pocket for the last 45 years or so, five battery flashlight between the passengers seat and the consol, big dog in the back, a machette in the back, along with a pair of rose cutters (in case I get stopped and have to explain the machette). I have a tendancy to play the percentages and have stepped responce plans. I occasionally carry, but usually only when I´m expecting trouble.
Tip three, if your prepared and bad things happen, that`s luck, if your not prepared and bad things happen, that´s foolish.

man that sux. glad you're ok and not goin to the big house. i hope the crackhead is going through some badass withdrawl suffering so badly that he hangs himself before trial with his underwear. or mabey he'll turn into a prison ho. that would be ok too. he might like that though. did your camera make it out alive?

wow, that is a bad night.. gotta love traffic.. I was in Baltimore one night and got lost, asked a cop for directions. before i drove off I asked how bad the area was that I was in (in a lowered s-10 of course) and the cop told me.... if someone approaches you at a light.. just go.... run the light...
Gulp...

I learned some good stuff from this post though.. like, dont ask anyone who drives an xj for a cigarette in central germany...
As far as the South African thing... they have spring loaded rocker panels.. think of a rock slider with a hinge and a spring.. push of a button and shattered shins abound... I dont want to know what that sounds like...

I would live it up at your uncles.. he owes you..

no seriously did you get that $5 back?...wow im glad i moved out of that crap, i lived in Compton for some time, and being a white kid it made it even more fun goin to school. glad to see your still around.

Sean

DDCxj said:
Glad your okay and all the tests came back fine. That's one of the reasons I hate driving through Providence, I don't think I've ever actually stopped at a red light/stop sign there while I wasnt on the main roads.

So what ever happened with the crack and pipe? Did the officer question it or or did he know where it came from?

The officer put 2 and 2 together afterwards. He recognized the dude I damn near killed. (apparently he's pulled this kinda stunt before)

I didn't even think about the $5, I don't know where it is. Don't really care.

holy crap Ryan!!!

never a dull moment in your life huh?? good idea to take control of the situation and turn the tables a bit.. it certainly saved your life.

lesson learned:

don't ride thu the ghetto with CheapXJ...

skierbri10 said:
One of those "I wish I had a concealed gun permit" moments. Glad you're alright. Maybe start hanging out in better places and around better people?
??????

Did you bother to read the story? He was driving home from a movie. You know ... "flick," cinema, motion picture. CheapXJ IS better people, just needs to remember to roll up the windows and lock the doors if he's ever foolish enough to drive through the ghetto again.

Cheap, you were very, very lucky. Check your PMs

Back