• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y'all just about could read my obituary this morning.

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is just nuts I still can't believe that I actually lived through this.

I'm sorta on vacation right now, staying at my uncle's place in Florida (needed a car driven down here, said he'd pay gas and lemme stay here a while if I just brought the car down and fixed his computer)

So I went to see the new starwars last night. Leaving the theater I got in the car (92 lebaron convertible, 3.0 v6, smokes a little, like they all do) lit up a cigarette and left the parking lot. Theres two ways back, the highway and the ghetto. highway was all blocked up, so I decided to cruise through the ghetto (bad idea).

got to a red light and this cracked out black dude comes over and asks me for a cigarette I was smoking my last one at the time and told him so. since he was a crackhead and all (lived around alot of crackheads when I lived in providence RI) I gave him a $5 and said "hey man, go grab yourself a pack" figurin that he'd just run off and buy some crack with it and I wouldn't have to deal with him any longer. I was second car back from the light. he says "thanks honkey, thats real generous" then he pulled a knife on me and said "gimme yo ride too ya cracka ass muhfugguh" he lunged and just skimmed the side of my neck w/ the knife (enough to draw blood).

so now I got this knife wielding crackhead laying across my lap. I reach in the back seat and all I can reach is my digital camera (sony DSC-F707) and I started chokin him w/ the strap. grabbed his arm w/ the knife and twisted it back till he dropped the knife. light turned green and I fawkin punched it and started swervin hoping to draw the attention of police (if they're around) got two blocks down and I saw lights.

Little did I know, the lady in the lane next to me was on the phone w/ police the moment she saw the knife, that's the ONLY thing that kept my ass outta jail that night

the whole time driving, I was still chokin this guy, so when I get stopped, I throw this crackhead on the ground. and sit there with my hands on the steering wheel (so the officer can see them)

the officer walks up points at my lap and says "what's that ya got there" I looked down and there was a crack pipe + little baggie on my lap and the knife w/ some fresh blood in the pass. seat. (I'm thinkin "this looks really bad")

"step out of the car please" he said. Just as I was about to flip out (the crackhead started moving) he got a call over the radio asking if he was in the vicinity of the intersection I was just almost killed at. then they rattled off some numbers, my plate number, car description and then i heard the words "black male may or may not have stabbed driver of red convertible, convertible w/ suspect hanging over side last seen driving erratically, north on bittner ave"

and then the cop said "we need to get you to a hospital" he cuffed the crackhead and threw him in the car. another unit arrived and I was questioned until the EMTs arrived.

the knife appeared to me to be semi clean, so they cleaned me up and wanted to take me to the hospital. I asked if I could drive myself there (didn't want to leave the car behind, since it's my uncle's car) they further inspected the cut when I got to the hospital and they took blood. The doc I spoke with said "son, you're lucky. another 3/4" in w/ that cut and we wouldn't be having this conversation" I just got the callback from the lab and they said they found no trace of bloodborne illness (hep, hiv, whatever) so at least now I can stop drinking. (went through a case of beer, half a bottle of jim beam and I smoked almost 2 packs since approx 8am when I got back here)

so I guess, I've been 3/4" away from death now.

I hated crack/crackheads before, but I swear to god. This is my second altercation someone on crack. Next time, the end result will be a dead crackhead.:hang:

The moral...

Scenic cruising thru the ghetto (at night!) in a convertible without a leadthrower in your lap is a bad idea...

More so if you can't blend in with the locals...

Tactical urban driving teaches you to give yourself enough room to manuever (or run someone over) when coming to a stop or during slow traffic in hostile environments...

Live and Learn...

and too bad he didn't fall under your tires!

p.s. good thing you're ok

Glad it worked out for ya...

Too bad the cop didn't let ya get in just one good boot to the neck/throat, for "just-us"

Glad to hear you're still hangin' around.

Quite the experience......glad you came out on the upside. Too bad you didn't have the time to brush the crackhead off on a parked car...or 3. I knew smoking was bad for you...... :laugh3:

Damn! (no correlation to the beaver dam thread)

I'll have to do some searching, but your experience reminded me of a product I heard about used in South Africa where they have a lot of car-jackings. It was a flame-thrower attached under the car that toasted the assailant's legs.

woody said:
Glad it worked out for ya...

Too bad the cop didn't let ya get in just one good boot to the neck/throat, for "just-us"

that would be a good thing too woddy. BUT the officer would probably have to explain to the guys public defender what happened, officer ? Your video camera just blink out on ya ?

Oh the good 'ole days when you could just hang'em high...
clint.jpg

What's the shame is that absent the good-samaritan witness who dialed 911, our wholesome & cuddly Cheap XJ might be facing 10 to 50 on the FL chain-gang for the dope possesion & multiple violent assault w/intent charges. Uncle's insurance co would be stuck to pay for the "victim's" med bills.

You do know that florida an Pennsy have reciprocal CCW....

WOW cant hardly believe thats true(not calling you a liar) glad to hear your okay and that it worked out alright. at least you have one hell of a good story to tell and maybe even a scar to back it up with :D

Ramsey said:
WOW cant hardly believe thats true :D

Imagine having that POS tied up in your lap by your camera strap, bleedin on him outa your neck!! :shocked:

Really glad to hear you (and the test results) came out alright.

TIM

hey i believe it, just hard to imagine being in that situation

hey definatly glad you got out that with yer life still in hand, congrats, now go get yourself a small firearm and keep it handy, i had a semi similar situation while i was in savannah and having my sig at hand probably saved my life....congrats again,
Maier

One of those "I wish I had a concealed gun permit" moments. Glad you're alright. Maybe start hanging out in better places and around better people?

Back