• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ with no Doors Illegal???

solid bump....I had been wondering if that was resolved.

I've been around dozens of cops with no doors in multiple states and haven't been bothered. I've also had the gate guards at my base refuse to let me in with no doors.

I've had opposite responses in the same day in the same town... Got pulled over in Ocean City, MD by a state trooper. Gave me fix-it tickets for a brake light out, lift, and no fenders, but didn't give a damn about all my doors being gone. A few hours later, I get pulled by OC police who read me the riot act for 30 minutes about how dangerous my Jeep was, then issused five $70 fines for no doors, removing safety equipment, bumpers too high, obstructed license plates, and some other crap. Such a load of BS. He actually told me the door hinges sticking out could injure someone that walked by my Jeep...

And yeah, I have found the section of MD vehicle code that says you can't remove safety features from a vehicle, and specifically references doors.

So basically, if the cop is in a bad mood, has been told to write a bunch of BS fines for revenue, or hates jeeps for some reason, he is very possibly justified in giving you a ticket.

yes and no i made these with new mirrors
Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Are these for sale somewhere? They are beyond awesome!

wow this is a hell of a necro post! :laugh2:

Back