• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ lift for pavement pounder???

try dpgoffroad.

Well that depends... If you put in 2" blocks and spacers, then your getting... well, 2". If you do an OME with full packs and such, it will usually sit a tad higher in the beginning, levels out after a little while, and then YEARS down the road start to sag again.

jvancamp said:
I have up'ed the budget and have decided to go with OME 2" lift.

Now, where can I buy it with free shipping?

Good choice, but doubtful you'll get it with free shipping. DPGoffroad had very reasonable shipping on mine as I recall, but to be perfectly honest given the weight of the components involved you have two choices: pay more for the parts up front and get 'free' shipping, or pay less for them and tack on shipping charges.

Either way, the vote's still with Dirk. His prices are very competitive, but more importantly he stands by the products he sells and is extremely helpful. Can't put a price on service above and beyond what's typically expected.

Also want to make sure I get the extras that OME does not include. Such as the bushings and new u-bolts and nuts.

Bushings are standard XJ items. U-Bolts: RE has them, and Dirk can supply them if you go through him.

Anything else I need?

At 2" you can probably stick with the stock trackbar and won't need to relocate it; YMMV. Brake lines likely aren't an issue either, but the fronts should have the brackets relocated. Might want to get some 4-degree shims for the rear to correct pinion angle; again, RE. Get an alignment when it's all done.

Also, with most lifts, do they actually sit higher or lower than the advertised height?

Typically at or marginally higher than advertised numbers, but they will settle out over time.

OME? Good choice.

If I´d were you, I´d get the coils from a V8 Cherokee and the OME add-a-leaf for the rear. Should give you around 3". W/ 16" rims you can run 245/75R16 tires.

If you decide to upgrade later, you can just add spacer, shakles, a trackbar and lower control arms for a good 4.5" of lift and run 265/75R16 tires.

mtnxj said:
The chances of him being a law enforcement officer are about equal to him having an XJ with Rockwells. :looser: The closest this guy probably gets to law enforcement is being a mall security guard.

Amen! Cops usually refer to themselves as such. Most people who refer to themselves as LEO in my experience are, at best, some guy who works as a guard somewhere!

OK, you all done? now what lift are you going with? Please try not to go with add a leaf, they all say the same about them.. Full leaf is much better. Sorry i got lost with all the bull going on..

Back