• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-5 Grille Build

Can you get some round lights to match the width of the grille slots? Simplify mounting, and easily worked into the insert material, I would think. It's some nice work, regardless. Paint it and put it on.

licorice.jpg

I know it sucks, but Gimp isn't exactly intuitive when you're drinking. Anyway, something liek this, except with the lens portion of the lights matching the slots. It's your Jeep, so do whatever. I've tossed two header panels in the last year. Kicking myself now that I've played with fiberglass a bit.

That looks perfect.

He needs a scheme for the side turn signals too though.

That looks perfect.

He needs a scheme for the side turn signals too though.

TJ front flares with markers.
I think it would compliment the grill nicely, since they're flatter at the front.
Wire them so they blink alternately.

Last edited:
Can you get some round lights to match the width of the grille slots? Simplify mounting, and easily worked into the insert material, I would think. It's some nice work, regardless. Paint it and put it on.

licorice.jpg

I know it sucks, but Gimp isn't exactly intuitive when you're drinking. Anyway, something liek this, except with the lens portion of the lights matching the slots. It's your Jeep, so do whatever. I've tossed two header panels in the last year. Kicking myself now that I've played with fiberglass a bit.

That was one of the original ideas. I really think i'd like it to be more or less invisible unless the signal was on. Maybe if i stick it closer to the radiator it would kinda disappear. This is only the second time i've fiberglassed anything. It's pretty hard to mess up. Give it a shot next time, If you mess up all you need to do is wait a few minutes and break out the angle grinder :thumbup:

TJ front flares with markers.
I think it would compliment the grill nicely, since they're flatter at the front.
Wire them so they blink alternately.

TJ flares aren't for me. I think they're too square for what i want this jeep to look like in a few years.

I want to see this finished so badly! The last picture of it primed looks amazing.

One day I might do this if I ever have a street jeep. however I find body work is a waste of time on a trail rig :D

try resizing your pics that is huge hah

Back