• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Writeup on Liberty KJ discs on 8.25" Cherokee XJ Conversion

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow when I go to work...we also have an account with Autozone, so I'll get the "special" pricing!

Has anybody found a good alternative to KJ parking brake cables, without modifying anything? Or should I just stick with the KJ cables and call it a day?

Try cables from a 1996-ish Ford Explorer. It has the right "end" that attaches to the backing plate, and the length is more reasonable. The KJ ones are super long....

I believe the Explorer ones are priced better too :D

Ok, I ordered the p-brake cables today through NAPA so thanks for the input people! Also, I tried calling Autozone as someone suggested for brake hoses, and they only showed a listing for the driver's side outer hose ONLY (whatever the hell that means)! I had them check other years 03-06 and they came up with the same thing. I went ahead and called my dealer again, and they told me $17 for one side and $31 for the other...not bad, and again, new MOPAR parts. No complaints here.

did he swap the axle or the brakes? kj are coil vs leaf be easer to just swap the brakes

Did who swap the axle or brakes? If you're referring to the OP then the answer is just the brakes. If you read his whole post, he bought an axle out of a liberty and pulled the brakes off of it.

Did who swap the axle or brakes? If you're referring to the OP then the answer is just the brakes. If you read his whole post, he bought an axle out of a liberty and pulled the brakes off of it.

I must have missed it... oops

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just thought I'd share what I found out today for all those interested in doing this swap. I just ordered from my local dealer today (will arrive tomorrow) both backing plates from an 06 liberty, which come with all parking brake hardware and shoes already attached.

Have the part number for those, by chance? Looks like I need to make a call to my friend in the Chrysler parts department.

When my rear brakes need repair I'll be doing this same upgrade.
I did a little poking around on the web and found this site: http://www.jeepoemparts.com/

I've never used them, but a search by part# got me a price:
52128414AB Right $99.38. I'm sure there's shipping on top of that.

There was nothing found for 52128415AB Left. Oddly, I can't find any listings for either part by doing a make/model search for a Liberty.

Has anyone used this place before?

Those part numbers sound right...I'll have to look when I go to work tomorrow. Or you could just ask for them by year make and model. That's what I did and they didn't need a VIN.

When my rear brakes need repair I'll be doing this same upgrade.
I did a little poking around on the web and found this site: http://www.jeepoemparts.com/

I've never used them, but a search by part# got me a price:
52128414AB Right $99.38. I'm sure there's shipping on top of that.

There was nothing found for 52128415AB Left. Oddly, I can't find any listings for either part by doing a make/model search for a Liberty.

Has anyone used this place before?

i just checked those number on that same site you posted, both worked fine.

has anyone tried the teraflex $330 kit or is it only for ford axles? I looked at their website and summit and it was unclear to me. I'm limited on time so I would just order the kit and then get my lines/hoses from autozone.

has anyone tried the teraflex $330 kit or is it only for ford axles? I looked at their website and summit and it was unclear to me. I'm limited on time so I would just order the kit and then get my lines/hoses from autozone.

That one is for the Ford 9". Add a couple of hundred or so to that total for the 8.25"

I will definitely do this to my recently found 2001 4x4, and a 93 2wd that thinks its got the hemi, you can't beat DIY.

I have a set of brackets. There is a number on them. That is: 3213235LU.
I know the liberty brackets are #52128414AB. Obviously they dont match up. Is this a liberty bracket?

I have a set of brackets. There is a number on them. That is: 3213235LU.
I know the liberty brackets are #52128414AB. Obviously they dont match up. Is this a liberty bracket?
Figured it out. Matched the numbers up with the other pair of ZJ brackets I had. I have do have the liberty bracket as well. Just didnt remember which was which

Back