• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Writeup on Liberty KJ discs on 8.25" Cherokee XJ Conversion

DSC03844.jpg
Hmm, I thought the bleeder valve was usually supposed to go on the top.

Arrhh. I took that pic with the driver caliper on the passenger side during experimetation. But you are right. I did swap it to the other side afterwords though. Haha good eye.

Alright good, I was just surprised no one else noticed it.

I just didn't want you driving around with brakes that weren't working right, or wonder why you had a soft pedal. Just looking out.

so i take it this will work fine on an tj also?

Tj's did not come with chryco 8.25's they came with d35's or d44's. But as someone said earlier it could probably be easily modified to fit a 35 or 44.

That is awesome. If it's at that price then I just might have to convert my rears to discs. So for brake lines then should I just look for some ZJ rear brake lines?

The parking brake works perfectly. The cable going to the driverside wheel is quite a bit too long but I just routed it around in the back to take out the slack.

IIRC for my zj disc conversion, I used a parking brake cable from a zj on one side and a parking brake cable from a kj on the other. Don't remember which side came from which. They both were about 6 inches longer than stock but work well in a lift. The driver side must have been from the zj.

That is awesome. If it's at that price then I just might have to convert my rears to discs. So for brake lines then should I just look for some ZJ rear brake lines?

I used the brake hoses from the Liberty as well. You can only use hoses from the 06+ Liberty I found out. The 05 and down did not screw onto the metal brake line. They were integrated onto the whole rear line. (one piece)

IIRC for my zj disc conversion, I used a parking brake cable from a zj on one side and a parking brake cable from a kj on the other. Don't remember which side came from which. They both were about 6 inches longer than stock but work well in a lift. The driver side must have been from the zj.

I would have liked to have shorter brake cables but since the guy threw these in I went ahead and used them. If I wanted too, I could have shortened them down to the proper lenght. The Liberty cables go all the way from the rear brakes to the parking brake. They are LONG!

i used the kj e brake cables when i my zj disks. they are very long, but i like to know that the rear will not be limited by the cables.

Hey Justin any idea where to pick up another KJ axle like that? I've been wanting to do this too.
Alright, another guy from Charleston. Are you on the Jeepinwv forum too? The guy I got the axle off of gave me a good deal on this one. I tried to talk him down on another but he wants more than double what I paid for this one. I may be able to track down another one though.

FIY guys - the cheaper summit kit is for a ford rear.
I just got off the phone w/ treraflex...

Back