• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Writeup: How to cut and fold the rear fenders and keep your stock flares.

I trimmed them back to within a 1/4 inch of the holes, then after I put the bolts in I bent the tabs inwards. The main rubbing points are at the front and rear of the fenderwells, not the top, if you omit the lowest bolt front and rear and put the bolts that go in from the bottom back in the flare should stay relatively close to the body and still be fastened well enough to stay on.

I have since removed the flare and folded the tabs all the way in though, I decided I like the look of not having them on better :D

Grimm thanks for the great write-up, getting ready to do this on mine.

Question- Why cutoff wheel over a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade? Would I run into problems if I do it with a jigsaw from the vibs?

Based on his ghetto-ass cutting setup, I'd say Grimm was either feeling lazy, or that's all he had around at the moment :) I wouldn't even think to use a cutoff wheen on a drill lol. I used a jigsaw with bi-metal blade on my last cut/fold and it was magical. Very easy to control, no sparks, and less dangerous (no exploding blades from angle grinder bind).

Back