• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenching Party

unimog2

NAXJA Forum User
Hello folks.
New to the forum, not to wheeling. I have a 1992 XJ with a Rusty's budget boost and I went all out and purchased the 4.5" spring pack kit W/adjustable lower control arms and with tires/rims.
I have not done a lift on a jeep XJ and was looking for wrenchers who have done this kind of lift before who will work for food and Beer (Beer after the work, ok maybe a little during). I live in Yorktown and have pretty much all the tools we we will need, with the exception of Torx items.

Shoot me a line if there are any takers.

Mike
NAXJA

Yer a little far for me! I wouldn't worry too much. I did my rear alone in the garage (with air tools) and the front with an inexperienced buddy. It was pretty straight forward. You will hear this again....soak everything, for about a week or two, with PB Blaster. It did help me, and my truck isn't even rusted!
Good luck..........:sunshine:

Im in Fort Eustis. Check out www.dso4x4.com we meet every sunday at the Barns & Nobel on Jefferson, Im sure there are a few guys there that have installed a lift before. I bought mine with the lift on it :)

You can also check out www.mpjai.com but they are a little more hardcore then I can follow with my rig, but the guys there are as good as they come.

SP4Mike,

We have met before. I had the MB Unimog that came out a few weeks back.

Working to get a few guys over to help me conqer the lift. U up for it?

Mike:explosion

I was looking around for some info on the rustys 4.5 , I just ordered mine for my 96 , let me know how you like it and how the install goes. I will be doing mine in about a week.

Yep, sold the mog. Miss her, but can't take the family in her and she was good for close trips to the mountains, not 3 hrs away. Long trips rough on the transmission, but damn she can wheel.

I was looking at doing the lift next weekend Sat (Sunday if needed) 22/23 July, will be on travel for work part of this weekend but will be back friday.

:repair:

Back