• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wounded Warrior Build The Raptured Duck buggy

I wondered what was the deal with this. Early on before all this stuff started I PM'd the guy. I offered physical labor, parts runs, cooking whatever at least a few times a month. Figured that was a good offer since I couldn't fabricate myself out of a wet paper bag. I never got a response even though the updates and requests for stuff were ongoing.

I'm in jeeperjohns plan.

What made me think something was off was when i told him the material he needed for what he wanted done to his humvee wheels was $60, he acted like he wanted me to buy that too. Then went somewhere else and got them to fork the dough for prefabricated parts that cost 6x as much. Typical scam.

So the buggy will be sold to recoup his own donations, but everyone else who contributed gets screwed?

That's extremely unethical.

i wouldnt call it, "his donations," he just took a lot from a lot of people. this is one of those assume the worst situations. maybe we should give the guy with the shop a call in fallbrook.

Scam or screw up, the only honest way out would be for him to donate all of the proceeds from the sale to a real Wounded Warrior charity.

X2!

We have contacted Rozz and waiting on reply.

We decided we could not use the d60 unfortunately. We are using the proceeds to help develop the t-handle wheel for amputees. We are a 501(c3) foundation and track everything. No money is used "to line" anyone's pockets. Everyone assumes the worst, there are actually still a few people in the world trying to make a deference in lives. We saw this as an opportunity to get one of the biggest hurdles complete and shot for it. I apologize to the original donor, but I wasn't aware we need to contact anyone in the event it didn't work for our application. Aj's been kind enough to give the axle back to the donor if need be, we have already paid for the parts for the T- Handle, but I will personally cover the cost.

I am curious as to what the IRS would think about them using the profits of this "build", to pay for their personal move to the east coast?!

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-...-Requirements-Section-501(c)(3)-Organizations

Also i thought you said you were at wounded warrior.....

fjos8y.png

Hmmm... I admit I'm kind of surprised the Military doesn't have rules against posting this type of information on a public forum...

I'm pretty sure that what they are doing is considered tax fraud.

And I'm pretty sure people go to prison for this kind of fraud.

well...if someone were to call his command.....NCIS would do their part and staple his nuts to the wall.

The public has access to the following information regarding service members:

Name, Service Number, Dates of Service, Branch of Service, Final Duty Status , Final Rank, Salary, Assignments and Geographical Locations, Source of Commission, Military Education Level, Promotion Sequence Number, Awards and decorations (eligibility only, not actual medals), Photograph, Transcript of Courts-Martial Trials, Place of entrance and separation .

Nothing posted on that page couldn't have also been found out with a phone call to the military locator. How do you think ex- girlfriends and baby mamas find them after they move?

privacy act of 1974 applies.

Then it's golden, lol.

The public has access to the following information regarding service members:

Name, Service Number, Dates of Service, Branch of Service, Final Duty Status , Final Rank, Salary, Assignments and Geographical Locations, Source of Commission, Military Education Level, Promotion Sequence Number, Awards and decorations (eligibility only, not actual medals), Photograph, Transcript of Courts-Martial Trials, Place of entrance and separation .

I know the FOIA and most of that info is only released with the proper request. :cool:

Back