• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worn axles then worn differentail ring

I didn't have time to read everything, and I don't know about this particular axle, but this can happen on a D44. They have axles that are slightly different lengths. If you swap them, they can press on the cross shaft. The D44 does not however use c clips, it uses pressed on bearings at the wheel with retainer plates.

If you measure from the slot where the c clip goes to the end of the axle towards the cross shaft, are they the same? Maybe you simply have an axle that was not trimmed to the right length causing it to hit the cross shaft and force it to one side.

I will measure the axles when I rebuild the diff. I think coz of the carrier bearings caps were loose (less than 60 lbs preload) and a longer axle than original length this might explain why the carrier moved to the left side. It makes sense

Back